Specialty restaurants for Eight

Calebo

Hi!! We are sailing on the Eclipse.

I am wondering how to arrange restaurant reservations for a group of eight for at least 3 evenings. One cabin of our group is a sky suite and the other three are balconies.

Are the dining packages a good idea, we are linked in bookings but will this guarantee that we'll be linked in the specialty restaurant as well?

Is there a bar or lounge on the way to dining room to meet for a drink each

evening?

Some of the group are smokers, so I was wondering about the set up of the smoking sections, are there tables set up or is the space standing only?

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Can't help with the restaurant issue, but there are lots of bars where you can meet before dinner. The Martini Bar tends to be very crowded but we met there with our ever-growing group of friends each evening and somehow we made it work, although I wouldn't recommend it for what you know will be a large group--could be challenging. The Passport Bar on 3 is usually empty and has lots of seats, that's probably your best bet; the Molecular Bar is often deserted pre-dinner, but I'm not sure about the availability of non-specialty drinks. Cellar Masters usually has lots of seats but that's a wine bar, again not sure about getting cocktails there.

If the weather is nice, the Sunset Bar aft is very popular but is not 'on the way to the dining room'.

There are seats for smokers in the covered area adjacent to the pool on the port side, hard to miss. Also starboard near the Mast Bar (one floor above the pool) are small tables. On Deck 5 outside of Bistro on 5 smoking is also allowed and there are some loungers there. I'm not a smoker, I've just observed these areas. Oh, also aft by the Sunset Bar, I believe smoking is allowed portside and there are definitely tables and chairs there.

Hope this helps somewhat!