Jan 19 Allure/Seas Eastern Carribean St. Thomas Champagne Catamarn Snorkel Excursion

Ungi

:)Has anyone been on or heard about the Champagne Catamaran Snorkel excursion in St. Thomas aboard Allure of the Seas. Do we need to wear water shoes in water? We heard about coral at the bottom of some oceans posing a danger and causing feet to get cut. Please advise if you know.

Thanks

Rhonda

Thanks for letting me know. I heard to wear water shoes when walking but I see we don't need them to swim as the fins will cover our feet. I appreciate it. I assume we can walk in the water closer to the shore.

I went on this excursion and when we snorkeled, we were not close to shore. We boarded a catamaran and they took us out to the snorkel site. After snorkeling, they served the champagne, rum punch, etc. It was a good snorkel and a lot of fun sailing back to the dock.

I think we were asked to leave our shoes on the dock, also.

:)Has anyone been on or heard about the Champagne Catamaran Snorkel excursion in St. Thomas aboard Allure of the Seas. Do we need to wear water shoes in water? We heard about coral at the bottom of some oceans posing a danger and causing feet to get cut. Please advise if you know.

Thanks

Rhonda

We have done this excursion several times and always enjoyed the trip. It is a very well run operation with several boats. As another poster indicated, they collect you shoes before you board the boat to protect the deck of the boat. They take you to a beach that is part of the National Park in St Johns. You can snorkel the entire time or the can take you to shore in a Zodiac. I suspect that you could carry a pair of water shoes in bag and use them on-shore if you went by Zodiac, but I really don't believe that it is necessary. You can also swim to shore with your snorkel gear. There are some coral formations but most of the beach is sandy and you won't have a problem avoiding the coral.

However, if you are on the Eastern itinerary, Nassau is really my favorite place to snorkel. The water may be a little colder, rent a wetsuit on board for $10, but the fish and coral seem much more colorful, varied and interesting. The motorized snorkel trip in Nassau is only about $29 and is a bargain in the world of shore excursions.