United Airlines employee discount

kalikid

So I booked my cruise and my parents as well. A few days later my sister booked hers on the same cruise. She finds out that because she is a UA employee she gets a discount and parent would of qualified for a discount as well if she booked theirs. She emailed carnival to see if my parents can still get a discount and have them reimbursed. It has been a few days but no response.

Any one know if Carnival will reimbursed us for the discount?

Which rate did you book the cruise under and how soon are you going?

Airline employees qualify for what is called the Interline rate.

If your parents are booked under the Early Saver rate, they should be able to price match to the Interline rate up to 2 days before sail date.

If they did not book Early Saver, they would be able to price match up until final payment date.

If you still believe they qualify and you booked through Carnival, call Carnival again. This should be a very easy thing for the rep to do.

If you booked through a TA, you need to call the TA.

I don't know how interline rates go, so not sure. Usually discounts for other people are usually in effect if others in the party are in the same room as the person who did the booking, not in another cabin.

Interline rates can be booked for another cabin if a parent is in it.

Unless you're retired, which my DH is. So we can't get the rate for another cabin now.

No we didn't book early saver. I booked last month and we sail in 2 weeks. I believe the price guarantee is only 48hrs.

Sounds like you're out of luck then.

But it won't hurt to call...not email.

Are you saying a full grown person can still book another cabin too?

A currently employed/working airline employee can book a second cabin at the Interline rate for a parent. The employee has to be cruising as well.

At least we always did before the DH retired.

A currently employed/working airline employee can book a second cabin at the Interline rate for a parent. The employee has to be cruising as well.

At least we always did before the DH retired.

This is correct.

But I don't believe you can change rate codes and get a refund if you're only 2 weeks prior to sailing and you're not booked ES.

Maybe if you keep calling, eventually someone will do it for you.(You never know beforehand what these reps will do or say).

Your situation is a bit tricky.

Normally, had the cabins been booked on the same day, both could've benefited from the interline rate. However, because they were booked on different days, your parent's cabin would've been repriced at the interline rate available on the day when your sister booked her cabin, NOT at the interline rate available when they booked their cabin. To make things a bit more complicated, you are inside penalty and not using Early Saver. That means no price adjustments. Based on that alone, I believe that you're out of luck.

At least you now know that the interline rate exists for a future cruise. I have taken advantage of it on pretty much every Carnival cruise I've taken and the savings can be quite substantial.