Tahiti Post Cruise Question

Sailing Grandma

We will be on the Marina Jan. 23 - Feb. 4 (Tahiti to Tahiti). Our flights and transport to the airport have been booked through Oceania. Here is the problem:

We will disembark the morning of Feb. 4th and be taken to the airport, but our plane does not depart until 10:00 PM! Any suggestions on what to do or how to handle this. We do not want to sit in the airport all day.

Thanks,

Pam

Personally I would cancel the transfer from the ship to the airport.

There is a car rental place within easy walking distance of the docks. I usually make a reservation well ahead of time and then just walk up to the rental office, grab the car and then return to grab my BH and our bags.

This allows me to have a place to store by bags and have wheels to drive around the island. I then have it setup to drop off the car at the airport, within 200 feet of the check in line.

We will be on the Marina Jan. 23 - Feb. 4 (Tahiti to Tahiti). Our flights and transport to the airport have been booked through Oceania. Here is the problem:

We will disembark the morning of Feb. 4th and be taken to the airport, but our plane does not depart until 10:00 PM! Any suggestions on what to do or how to handle this. We do not want to sit in the airport all day.

Thanks,

Pam

We are on same cruise and I believe you will be able to stay onboard until late afternoon but not in your cabin (vacate by noon). Also Marina may well offer a day room at a hotel with transport to the airport later, for a cost of course.

Mike

Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I checked with the travel agency today and they confirmed what several of you had mentioned, that we can stay on the ship until late afternoon. Rooms must be vacated by 11:30am, but lunch will be served and we will be given a pass to leave the ship to explore the Marche, etc. if we would like.

you stated, "We will disembark the morning of Feb. 4th and be taken to the airport" ............. thus my response.

Personally I would still rent a car for the day and circle the island. To be off the ship by mid afternoon and then sit at the airport for 6-7 hours is no fun.

We usually rent a car, enjoy the day, end up at the roulettes at the water front at 6:00 pm when they open, eat, relax and then head over to the airport at 7:30pm, drop off the car at 8:00pm and walk a few hundred feet to check-in.

The backside of Tahiti is a different world than what you experience in PPT.

I guess I should have waited for the final docs before I posted my question :)

When we received our final documents from the travel agency yesterday we found out that since we had purchased the airport transfer from Oceania, they will first take us to a hotel in the afternoon and then transport us to the airport in the evening,

Tikiintahiti, we liked your idea of renting a car to see more of Tahiti than just Papeete. We will arrive a day before the cruise and spend that day exploring.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions.

Pam