On an NCL ship for New Years.

CP Tech

So I booked our next cruise for this December (can only cruise in Dec due to job issues).

My question is this. Does NCL do anything special for New Years on their ships? We are not big NY party people but I was just curious. It will be our first day at sea of 2 on return to home port.

We just got off the Jewel NYE cruise They have parties in every bar. Lots of people dressed up and some men even wore tuxedos. I wore a black suit and bow tie, DW wore a nice cocktail dress, and both of the kids dressed up. It wasn't required, but lots of people just did it. It was a pretty fun experience.

Other than NYE, it was a standard cruise atmosphere. They still had Christmas trees up, but nothing else was "special" about it.

Edited by RZ3

We also just got off this sailing. On New Years Eve it seemed like the two main parties were on the pool deck and in the atrium. We were on the pool deck, which was crowded with a lively crowd, music, lots of fun...the crew handed out hats, noise makers, champagne, etc. they did a countdown to midnight led by the captain. ImageUploadedByForums1388968689.930121.jpg.d5a4b5eb43260e31c2808699e7175af2.jpg

We did a New Years cruise on RCCL a couple of years ago and thought the NCL New Years experience was more fun.

We have sailed for NYE several times. It's more fun when it's warm out but there's a party in every bar . . . the level of celebration varies,

Last year on the Gem embarkation day from NYC was NYE. Many people were dressed formally but an equal number were not. We celebrated in the Star bar which was very quiet. . . a few hoots & hollers at midnight, a champagne toast, one chorus of Auld Lang Syne & the place was empty by 12:20.

Years earlier the Dawn was already in a warm area & there was a wonderful deck party. Everyone was dressed. They filled a hot tub with bottles of champagne for sale. The next morning even by the pool, it was very quiet with more moans then anything else. :eek:

Edited by trish1c

We retured from the Mexican Riviera cruise via the Star. We had warm weather and a fabulous time. Parties around the ship offering fun for everyone and taste. We were on the pool deck and had a blast. We turned in shortly after midnight as we had an 8:45 call time for an excursion on the first. I had searched before to determine if an excursion on a holiday would be limited because if the holiday. In Mazatlan on the first and the town was pretty much closed down except for a few shops. The MC at a show we went to was very good but our group was tired and not very responsive to him. If I had to do it again I would choose wisely on the excursion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I'm just adding to the positive New Year's Eve experiences above. I just got off the Breakaway and we had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Parties of different kinds in numerous spaces (something for everyone, really) and fireworks at midnight. People in everything from casual to formal attire.

Years ago, I was aboard the Dream for New Year's Eve and it was equally fun.

Now you just have to wait! ;) Enjoy!

*lol* guess we'll join the crowd: We just got off the New Year's cruise on the Jewel as well. As others have said, lots going on, but nothing special except I believe they were handing out a glass of champagne to everyone up in the Spinnaker lounge.

The captain got on the PA just before midnight and passed along his New Year's greetings, then counted down to midnight and then sounded the ship's horn for 30 seconds or so. I heard later that they missed the Captains announcement up in the Spinnaker for some technical reason and so didn't know it was midnight until the horn blew.