What liquor to get....?

Mineka_C

You'll see this cross posted in the other two ports that we'll be stopping in at, just so you know.

We'll be leaving end of February, and Grand Cayman is one of the stops. I'd really love to do what I did last cruise, and bring back a couple of "Can't get it in the states" extra yummy drinks that are indigenous to the area.

Example: We brought back two bottles of Ron del Barrilito from San Juan, and two bottles of Bambarra Rum from Grand Turk.

So what should I be looking for, and where can I get it?

Thank you everyone for your help, and sorry if this has been an-asked-100's-of-times question.

(cross posted in Jamica and Cozumel)

Hands down....Big Black Dick's Rum. Awesome (AND a fun name).

Oh, I heard of that when I was doing research on the last cruise... evidently it's very tasty. Which would also make an AWESOME present for some friends (who love rum and cards against humanity)

Where do I procure this awesome rum?

We purchased it at Blackbeard's Liquor store (???? Maybe)? It was right on the main street not far from the cruise tender piers. Just ask around and they will send you to the right place. It was in a basement of the liquor store if I remember correctly. Maybe someone else can help.

Go to the Tortuga store at the cruise port; they were giving out free sample tastes of their famous rums. I immediately bought two, 1L bottles of their Tortuga Mango Rum @ $13 each. A very smooth and tasty treat.

Tom

Evidently I shall be bringing back three bottles on this port! Tortuga and some BBD for the friends!

I greatly appreciate the suggestions, mango rum sounds to yummy to pass up, especially since I love my rum and vodkas in pineapple juice!