Flicking thru Mag & Had a Flashback

nigelsmom1

Ahhh,,,,went to the mailbox and got a real treat yesterday, my copy of Caribbean Travel & Life.

I started flicking thru when I stopped at page 36 to read the story on day trips to St. John. I hadn't thought about my Feb trip in a couple of months and as I started to scroll down, the article mentioned the catamaran's first mate "Angie".

And then it hit me....when we sailed out on Interlinesail one of the first things the captain explained was his normal mate is away, so he borrowed "Angie" to help with with our day sail. "Angie" and I got to talking and she said she normally works on a vessel called the Scubadu (which is featured in the article).

And then the memories started to ease back..clear day....hot, but breezy and we sailed over to Caneel Bay. Everyone swam as I lay quietly on the deck, hat pulled low, Angie handing me rum punch, just listening to the waves, chatter & giggles.:cool: Nice view from the front of the boat, stretched out in front of me, some of the most beautifuly scenery I ever encountered. Huge turtles swam past, riding the tide back to St. Thomas as I rolled over and thanked the man upstairs for this adventure.

My peace was disturbed by returning swimmers & lunch, which we nibbled on & fed half to the fish. Next stop X-mas Cove, & the chocolate's and french bubbly came out. I couldn't have been a happier camper as the Happy Birthday toast rang thru the air. Ahhh,...... but the party ended as our experienced skipper outran a sudden storm. Mmm,.... such a lovely memory, I can only hope to to it again.

-K

Archived