Carlos and Charlies or Mr Sanchos??

OK, just trying to decide on a fun filled beach day. Have decided that Mr Sanchos would be more us than Nachi but now how about Mr Sanchos or Carlos and Charlies Beach club?? It says that C & C is free but is there a minimum price for food/drink you need to buy while there? Can you use the beach and chairs etc for free?? Obviously we can buy some food or drinks or if we want to do a special type of activity we will pay for that but for the most part is it free and which would be more fun for teens/adults??

We were at Mr. Sancho's last week and had a great day. We had 2 families with kids 22,18,18 & 15. We did the all inclusive. Service was great. Food off the menu was good. I wasn't impressed with the buffet. Loved the pool bar just wished they had turned on the music earlier. It was really starting to rock when we had to leave. My only regret is that we didn't get there earlier and get a spot right on the ocean. I think we would have enjoyed it even more if some could have sat in the sun while others sat at the table in the shade.

We were at Mr. Sancho's last week and had a great day. We had 2 families with kids 22,18,18 & 15. We did the all inclusive. Service was great. Food off the menu was good. I wasn't impressed with the buffet. Loved the pool bar just wished they had turned on the music earlier. It was really starting to rock when we had to leave. My only regret is that we didn't get there earlier and get a spot right on the ocean. I think we would have enjoyed it even more if some could have sat in the sun while others sat at the table in the shade.

Just curious.. What time did you get there? I assume you have to get there early to get an ocean spot then?

Glad you had a nice time there.Will be there in May.. :)

Can you use the pools for free of is that only included in the All inclusive pkg?? Also, I have heard it is only about 15 minutes by taxi is that currect? Planning on meeting some friends there and trying to get timing down.Thanks!

We got there about 10:30.

The pool with the Swim Up bar is for AI guest only. I don't recall seeing another one but we didn't venture to the pay as you go side.

It was about a 15 minute tax ride. There is a set price based on the number of people. I don't remember the exact amount but I know I've seeen a picture of the tax sign on here.

It was completely safe and I would not worry about 2 women alone in a taxi.

How far from the port and how much in taxi or by bus. Bit worried about traveling on own as two women.

Thanks

I have been alone many times in a taxi and never had any problem. In fact have always had interesting conversations about the area etc. with the drivers. :)

The pay-as-you-go side at Mr. Sanchos does indeed have a pool. It does not have a swim-up bar but its very nice. We had a wonderful time there! We did not do the all-inclusive. We bought a package that included lunch from a set menu, one hour on their ATV's (really fun!) and one hour jet ski rentals (amazing! even better than we had hoped!). We would go back again in a heartbeat. Have zero interest in Carlos and Charly's.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

We did Mr. Sanchos in November 2012. We did the AI and loved it so much we are going again in March.

As for as being safe taxi ride......we were ummmm......drunk on our way back to the ship and we were fine. Neither one of us remember much of that ride so I think I can say that if anyone was going to be taken advantage of it would have been us!

I am pretty sure that the folks at Mr. Sanchos let the driver know which ship we were on, otherwise we might have ended up on the wrong one!