Anyone cruised on Dawn Princess

Lately? How is the library on the ship? Love a good library! How is food in the Horizon court? We rarely eat inthe dining rooms, rather go eat when we want.

Ice cream on board by the grill, is it all soft serve? I read there is some kind of kabob at the grill, does someone know what it is?

Thanks so much,

Deb

Hi Deb,

We were on the Dawn Round Oz and NZ in Oct/Nov. I cannot comment on the library. Horizon Court had similar food to the main dining room. There some items that were not included for example, lobster tails and some sweet items. We ate most of the time in Horizons as we could only get a late dining slot and like you, we would eat when we wanted.

The grill does have "wraps" but only on sea days. The icecream parlour in located on Riviera deck behind the pools, on the port side. All soft serve but you can get chocolate, vanilla or a combination of both. You can have them in a cup or cone.

Hope this helps.

Ted

We were on the Dawn in November and then again in December.

Plenty of books in the library. Get there early though, as the books in the swap/donate collection disappear pretty quick (but reappear on the last day).

Horizon court is still very good. Had a vast array of food and selections. We only had dinner in there once but ate most lunches there.

The ice cream place is all soft serve. Only ate the grill once, so cannot answer your query there.

Yep - Donner kebabs on the outdoor dining - 11.am to 7.00pm - even Mrs Mac's pies!!!!!

Horizon Court food is good. They have two "sides" to it and a middle area - keep your eye on the middle - good cheeses and deserts.

Just as an aside DH and Grandkids did the Steakhouse - "optional dining" $20.00 per head - and they said it was the best. In Horizon Court they had pork steaks - rather tough. Tried them three times. (Never say never) The good news is - they didn't get any worse - the bad news is - they didn't get any better :eek:

Went to the card room to play cards - no cards :eek: Lots of games. though. As it happens we always take cards and a crib board with us anyway - just in case. :p

The library seemed to be well occupied - seemed to be quite a few reference books available - that's all I can comment on

Edited by dizzy1948

Lately? How is the library on the ship? Love a good library!

If you are into libraries at sea -- you need to go on one of the Cunard ships, but especially QM2.

--- not a good video, but you will get the idea :)

No other cruiselines do libraries!!!! (in comparison)

Barry

not a good video

You're not kidding there are you

That guy sure needs to get some lessons :D

I guess libraries are scaled according to ship size so I'd expect Cunard to be big - Crystal have good libraries too but more in keeping with the thousand or so passenger capacity

Hey how many books, games and DVDs do you need :confused: