please help?

bronzebeauty

You can use American money everywhere there just take small bills because they will try to give you change in pesos.

Also you can pretty much bargain in all the the small shops. Don't feel pressured to buy it if your not happy with the price most likely you will find the same item a few doors down and they know this so as you walk away 9 out of 10 times they will say ok I will less it to you for that price you offered.

My bargaining tactic is having the amount I want to spend in US$ out in my hand and offering it. If they say "no" then start putting the money away. I've had great success getting some fun stuff, but I don't bargain hard core. I know what I will pay for something and don't try to be too cheap about it. I don't expect to get a quality piece of hand carved wood for $5. If they have it priced at $100 I would expect and be willing to pay half of that. I wouldn't offer them $10, etc.

Take smaller bills as was mentioned so that you don't have the pesos to exchange at the end....or use a credit card for larger purchases.