Mdr open for lunch?

KT47

I think that the open MDR depends on the ship - on Jewel class ships it's usually the aft MDR (but I remember seeing also midship MDR occasionally), on Epic it was midship MDR.

Also from what I've read here, MDR is open for lunch usually only on embarkation day and sea days.

Look in the freestyle daily when you board. Lunch is always available in a MDR on embarkation day.

Recent experience on both the Epic and the Pearl was crew members seemed to be told they must direct people to the buffet. I asked on both ships which dining room was open for lunch and they insisted I go to the buffet. I just stopped, looked in the Daily and found the information myself.

So much more pleasant to dining comfortable in the MDR, look over the Freestyle Daily, the weekly entertainment schedule and the Kids weekly schedule. Then usually sometime during lunch an announcement is made cabins are ready and we proceed to our cabin. Very nice way to begin a cruise

On the Breakaway, I'm pretty sure one of the MDR (usually Taste or Savor) was open for lunch. O'Sheehan's (also complimentary, but not a MDR) was always open for lunch

Yes, on the Breakaway it was one of those mid-ship restaurants that was open for lunch.