Pre-cruise Machu Picchu excursion

ppiew

Yes we had A & K organize a tour of several churches in the Old section of Cusco. This was part of the package we purchased through Silversea post cruise. The guide we had was the same one that went with us to Machu Picchu. Excellent - Jose Carlos. We would have liked to spend another day or two in Cusco.

We spend one afternoon, about 4 1/2 hours in MP the first day and then went back in to MP for another 2hr. If you want to hike up to the Sun Gate or to the top of Wayna Picchu (Huana Picchu) then you will need an extra day. We had minimal time in Agua Caliente waiting for the train and did a little shopping. I would have rather spent more time in Cusco. A&K could arrange additional tours for you in Cusco.

Two years ago we were in Lima (stop on a cruise) and we went to the main square in Lima - beautiful and very old. I would have liked to spend more time there. We also went to several museums (can't remember at the moment) and they were excellent. Great art in Lima. Check out the Galeria Latina in Lima. Very nice selection! There is also a Galeria Latina in Quito (most items are from Peru though). I hope this helps. ENJOY!!!

• 4 years later...

Hi, I realize I'm late to this thread but ....

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time!

I can't find the cost of the add-on on SilverSea's website; about how much was the add-on trip?

Thanks, and thanks to all who responded to your post!