Question about Sunshine 8 day

carmel

Yes - I've tried to search but to no avail

We are cruising Sat - Sun, 8 day. Our first elegant night is Sunday night. Does Carnival still do a second 'elegant' night? Does anyone know which night that may be?

Also, I've always been scared of incurring charges but.......I would love to take my iPhone with us for lullabies in the cabin for my daughter. How can I play music but not have any roaming or out of country or data or.......Someone said airplane mode but I'm scared that doesn't cover it. Others have told me that by just turning it on, it is roaming and searching.

Thanks!

In airplane mode your phone can still do non-data functions like play music from your stored music, calculator, etc. It does not use any kind of data network (4G, wifi, etc...) in that mode.

So you are saying (I'm being compulsive for my benefit, not questioning you, LOL) that when my butt hits the seat on the flight down, I switch it to airplane mode and leave it there. When I get on the ship, I can go to my music app and play what is in my library and no charges will happen?

What happens to my Safari? Does it not search for a data signal if I don't launch it? Same for my FB app?

Mine has a setting for "Cellualr Data" Be sure that is turned off and facebook and safari cannot connect' date=' unless the data gets turned back on.[/quote']

Just checked. Mine has that too.

I went to China a couple of years ago and was too scared to take it although it would have been nice to have some familiar songs with me. I hope I don't screw this up.

Once its set to airplane mode, you're fine. Brought my iphone on my cruises, and only ever took it off airplane more in FL, never saw any additional charges. I use mine as an mp3 player when I'm relaxing on deck. Never bothered opening any other apps on ship, but trust me if there was ANYTHING att would've charged me.