Rental Car-Port Everglades question

adelrey

We are cruising on the Oasis next month out of Fort Lauderdale. We are flying in the day before and interested in renting a car for the day at the airport. I think this will be more convenient for us instead of doing multiple taxis throughout the day.

If I understand correctly, we can rent a car at the airport when we land, and then drop it off at the cruise terminal the day of our cruise and they will shuttle us to the ship? (Of course we will be sure to choose a rental company that does business at the terminal.)

Does anyone here have experience doing this, and any advice to offer? Maybe a specific company to go with?

Thanks!

We are cruising on the Oasis next month out of Fort Lauderdale. We are flying in the day before and interested in renting a car for the day at the airport. I think this will be more convenient for us instead of doing multiple taxis throughout the day.

If I understand correctly, we can rent a car at the airport when we land, and then drop it off at the cruise terminal the day of our cruise and they will shuttle us to the ship? (Of course we will be sure to choose a rental company that does business at the terminal.)

Does anyone here have experience doing this, and any advice to offer? Maybe a specific company to go with?

Thanks!

I don't know of a rental car company with an office at the cruise terminal. There are some with offices outside Port Everglades that have free shuttles to/from the cruise terminals. I believe Alamo is mentioned here as one of those.

I reserved with Budget. Pick up at airport and drop off at 1515B SE 17th Causeway which is very close to the port. They offer a shuttle to the port. I don't think any car rental company has a drop off right at the port. If you go with Budget, register for a Rapidrez number so you don't have to wait in line at the airport.

Edited by Snowbath