reserving a taxi from barc. air to hotell

We sailed from Barcelona last October. We took a taxi to the port & it was not very expensive. There's an ample supply of taxis. I suggest you contact your hotel & inquire if they can arrange a pickup. If they cannot, just ask how much a taxi ride from airport to hotel normallly cost...this way you can have an idea of cost.

I would suggest if you are more than 2 people and you all have luggage it would be a good idea to pre-book. We were 4 with luggage for a 12 night cruise and definitely needed a Van. We booked with Angie at Intercontinental and her driver was waiting at the airport for us, even though we were an hour late landing. I kicked myself that we did not pre-arrange a van from the pier back to the hotel post cruise. The taxi lineup was an hour long and we waited for a van. I believe it may have cost about 2 Euro more than a regular cab for the van but then we split it 4 ways - way cheaper. Laurey

When we came out of the airport, we were supposed to have someone meet us, but they never showed ( I won't give the name). We simply went to the taxi rank , which is right by the door, and 5 minutes later were on the way, cost 23 euros. They have cars and vans of all sizes and in plentifull supply.

When we were in Barcelona a few years ago, there were plenty of small cabs at the airport, but few vans. However, ieven if you need more space, it would still be less expensive to take 2 taxis at about 25 Euros each then a limo since the least expensive one I could find was 75 Euros. Note: we were able to find a van which we needed because we had two wheelchairs with us, but we had to wait for it to get to the front of the line. Luckily we had already spoken to the driver because we had to "fight off" someone else who wanted it.

I agree with the other posters. If there's two of you take a taxi - if there's more of you, take 2 taxi's. Unless you're travelling in a big group, a van will probably cost more than 2 taxi's. Our taxi ran us 18 Euros + tip. It's on a meter.

Jane

Archived