luggage

bentleybabe

On my E ticket the luggage allowance for each of us is 23kg and 5kg but in the holiday information book it says the weight of each individual piece of luggage shouldn't exceed 20kg. Does this mean we have to pack 2 cases with 20kg and another with 6kg to make up 46kg? I'm sure we only took 2 cases and 2 pieces of hand luggage a couple of years ago but maybe the rules have changed! Starting packing this week so any advice welcome.

I was just over 23kgs on my recent cruise and had no problems. I remember reading about the 20kgs on the site too, Didn't it that if you are over 20kgs then you may have to carry your case on to the ship yourself? Think it's something to do with H&S for the workers.

My rule of thumb Is if I cannot lift a case, why should I expect anyone else to.

If you are sailing from Southampton, it doesn't matter how many cases you take onboard, so I would go with 3 cases, with weight evenly split.

If you are flying its a different ball game and go with the airlines limits.