Gastric Bypass

tootts

• 1 month later...

Good Morning - I am so glad I found this thread. I had RNY in January. I am doing great, in fact this surgery was easier on me than having my gallbladder out was. I am now nearly 8 weeks post op and the diet progression is nearing the end. From the preop diet I was on to this week I have lost 41 pounds and feel so much better.

My husband and I are taking a carnival cruise out of New Orleans 10/24/16. This will only be our 2nd Cruise and our 1st on Carnival. I think by then I'll be doing better with knowing what my body can handle with food choices, but I'm really worried about the protein drinks. As of now I am drinking 1-2 a day depending on how much food I eat. I really like the Adkins Lift drinks and wish I could take those with me, but carnival told me no because they are in a bottle.

I find that I don't handle milk well anymore (never really did) and so when I do mix a drink up I use unsweetened almond milk - does anyone know if they have this on the ships? I've emailed Carnival but haven't heard any response.

• 2 weeks later...
I have no experience with Carnival but find out if you could bring some with you if you have a doctors note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks- I heard back - no almond milk- but I did find the "shelf stable" almond milk in small 12 oz cartons on 2 websites- have to buy a case and it's not cheap but I think it will be worth it to know I have what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by selljd