Private tour for the Luge ride as well as Zorb,anyone interested,Monday, March 25th

lovecruising2006

My husband and I, (as well as another couple) are on the March 22 sailing with Celebrity Solstice and are looking at a private van for 10 persons to take us to Rotorua for the day.....Monday, March 25th while the ship is docked in Tauranga.

We want to do the Skyline Gondola plus 4 Luge rides. At the top of the mountain there is also a winery that has a tasting room. We also have planned to drive over to the Zorb. It is a huge plastic ball that you climb into and ride down the hill. There is one ride on the Zorb that has water in it and the other is "dry", no water.(we were looking at the dry one) :eek::eek:

The private van (with driver) is $1,000.00 for 10 persons, plus the cost of the Luge rides and the Zorb. I also checked on renting a car for just the 4 of us and it looks to be around $135.00 for the day, plus refueling the gas,( that was for a larger car, plus insurance). I spoke with someone in New Zealand the other day and they said it was about an hour drive each way, and looking on the map the two things we want to do, does not appear to be too far apart.

Looks like the cost of the 4 luge rides is $44.00 and the Zorb cost shows $45.00 for 1 ride.... I will check to see if there are any other costs through the driver, but I do not think so.

If anyone else is interested please let me know.......my email address is

thecountrybumpkin1@hotmail.com

Thanks and have a wonderful day,

Betty and Virgil Hoy

Celebrity-- Solstice-- Ensenada to Honolulu 09/13

Royal Caribbean--Enchantment of the Seas 11/05

Radiance of the Seas 12/07

Princess-- Grand Princess 02/04

Caribbean Princess 01/11

Carnival-- Carnival Valor 12/06

Carnival Liberty 12/07

Carnival Spirit 02/09

Norwegian-- Norway 09/87

Edited by lovecruising2006

There are two places where you should post your inquiry. Join the Roll Call for your sailing for starters. Then go to the Ports of Call boards.

If you wish to look elsewhere check out Trip Advisor. On the top bar, after you enter your destination, click on the MORE button and you can inquire and/or search there under the Forums or Travel Guides.

Good luck and have a great cruise.