Royal Princess Cabin E306

onebzyldy

Trying to read thru close to 6000 posts about the ROYAL Princess on a closed thread and not able to find any posting about the*obstructed view* balconies on the Emerald deck.

Can anyone help me see and understand how bad the obstruction is ???

Happy Cruising.....

DonnaF :D

I believe that E306 will have a life boat in front of it. The top of the life boat will reach about even with the rail of the balcony. You'll have a clear view straight out, but if you look down, you'll be looking at the life boat. I base this on the layout of the ship on the Princess website.

To expand on what Benny said above....

On the top and back of each lifeboat there is a raised housing that is essentially the Pilot House of that lifeboat, so that the guy driving it can see where he's going. From your balcony looking aft, the view will include that lifeboat pilot house, as well as the lifeboat davits. However, looking straight out you will still see the horizon.

Your view will be similar to this one, however your balcony divider will be further back and 'even' with the front of the lifeboat pilot house.

11270137355_32f1d4f91d_c.jpg

Your view looking out will be quite similar to this one, taken from the cabin forward of yours E304

11270945053_78bf6d1b44_c.jpg

And to give you an aerial perspective, you can see how the aft balcony divider is located even with the front of that raised lifeboat pilot house

11813135895_f89f9e9288_b.jpg