Mountaintop in St. Thomas

cruiseaway7522

well, the "obvious" answer is "go up"... :) But I would check on google maps to see where it is... There is a gondola that goes up which is in easy walking distance. I am sure you can also get a cab/shuttle to take you there, people we were on the shuttle with I think cost them like 30/40 to get a tour of the island. Plus, you can probably get a car or motor bikes for rent. Just be aware they drive on the "other side" of the street (like in UK).

Riding the gongola is very good - scenic view all the way up and down - $20.00 round trip and the view from the top is great - plus there are a few shops and no hassle - we enjoyed our trip up the mountain

Mountaintop (which offers view overlooking Megan's Bay toward the British Virgin Isles) is not the same as Paradise Point (which is near the cruise ship pier). We did Mountaintop on a 3 day stay in St Thomas once, but that was with a rental car. I would suggest a taxi if you are wanting to visit during a cruise stop.

Edited by loanshark

Riding the gongola is very good - scenic view all the way up and down - $20.00 round trip and the view from the top is great - plus there are a few shops and no hassle - we enjoyed our trip up the mountain

The Gongola at Paradise Point is a very short walk from the port. It's definitely worth the $20. Breathtaking views!

The gondola goes to Paradise Point. That is nowhere near Mountain Top.

To go to Mountain Top one could take a taxi but I think a better way is to take and island tour. For about $20.00 you will get a nice drive with stops at some scenic outlooks as well as a stop at Mountain Top. It is a nice stress free way to get to see some of the island especially for first timers.

We just got back and we did a tour. The view was wonderful but saw lots of other things on the tour too that we're great. I would definitely not try driving those hills myself. As some points the driver stops and honks before going around the corners. We used Godfrey tours. Shopping and tour for $25 ea

• 2 weeks later...
The gondola goes to Paradise Point. That is nowhere near Mountain Top.

To go to Mountain Top one could take a taxi but I think a better way is to take and island tour. For about $20.00 you will get a nice drive with stops at some scenic outlooks as well as a stop at Mountain Top. It is a nice stress free way to get to see some of the island especially for first timers.

Thank you...I was searching on here for this answer. I was confused about the gondola/paradise point and Mountain Top.