Secret harbor or magens bay?

tauntoncheer

Leaving on our cruise Sunday and had planned to go to Sapphire Beach. Now that they do not have bathrooms ect we are looking for somewhere else to spend the day. Would you recommend Secret Harbor or Magens Bay? We are looking for a nice beach to swim, rent chairs and have a great day before we head into town to do a little shopping. (The day we are in St. Thomas there will be 4 ships in). Thank you!

I've spent a few land vacations at Secret Harbour. If I were a guest there I would hate being overrun by ship passengers. It's a small beach, perfect for the size of the resort, but it certainly can't absorb the numbers of people that might be going there instead of Sapphire. The restroom is off the hotel lobby and chairs are for the use of hotel guests.

SH does have rentals and facilities for day visitors as well as a restaurant, but shade is a problem and if renting a chair you are relegated to one area and chairs are limited to 25 or 30 so do get there early. But ANYONE can plop down on a towel ANYWHERE on the beach there, don't be too concerned with guests renting condos there. However being a small bay it can feel very crowded there quickly.

On the other hand both Magens and Coki will be a mess because of the number of people there.

I would suggest Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) for whay you are looking for.

Have a great day! :)