Actual Port arrival/departure times?

Curlyjo

New to Cunard...just wondering when we get informed as to the actual time of arrival and time of departure at each port? Find it confusing when our itinerary says "Arrive early morning, depart afternoon or early evening".

New to Cunard...just wondering when we get informed as to the actual time of arrival and time of departure at each port? Find it confusing when our itinerary says "Arrive early morning, depart afternoon or early evening".

Bizarrely, they show arrival and departure times on the dress codes sheet here

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

I don't know how accurate or reliable they are but I'd say that they are better than no information.

As newjoisey said, the Daily Programme will have the most current information. In the meantime, here is the port schedules (just click on the ship you're interested in) https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/dress_code_all

If I remember correctly, you should be receiving a personalized booklet in the mail weeks before your voyage with information about the cruise/voyage you've booked, including luggage tags which will be in the back of the booklet.

Welcome to Cunard. Hope you have a wonderful time on board! Regards, -S.

P.S. Oops, sorry, just saw CPW's post. Forgive the repetition please.:)

Edited by Salacia

Thank you both for the link. And, yes, we did already receive a booklet with our luggage tags, but no exact times. They must not want people to book private excursions. I was hoping to take a train in one of the ports and wondered what time we got in. The link gives me a better idea and hopefully they are accurate, but I won't rely on it, just in case.

Thank you both for the link. And, yes, we did already receive a booklet with our luggage tags, but no exact times. They must not want people to book private excursions. I was hoping to take a train in one of the ports and wondered what time we got in. The link gives me a better idea and hopefully they are accurate, but I won't rely on it, just in case.

You're welcome. BTW, I look at the tours Cunard has on offer...that gives me an idea of when the ship is expected to be in port (but note that passengers scheduled on Cunard tours usually disembark ahead of those who haven't booked a Cunard tour).

Did you check the roll call for your voyage? Sometimes there will be passengers who have taken the same voyage before and have personal experience to share about port stops. -S.

Edited by Salacia

I don't know how accurate or reliable they are but I'd say that they are better than no information.

Cap'n,

last time out I found that the departure times were reasonably accurate but the arrival times were somewhat "flexible".

J

Try this site, change for the ship your on and the month

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Cunard/Queen_Victoria/January_2014/

That's a good link - I'd never to look for arrival times on a dress code pdf. Gotta love those Cunard Q&A's.

Interesting that the Valentine's Ball is held on 15th February. ;)

That's a good link - I'd never to look for arrival times on a dress code pdf. Gotta love those Cunard Q&A's.

Interesting that the Valentine's Ball is held on 15th February. ;)

Only on QM2 is the Valentine's Ball on 15 Feb...QV and QE both have it on 14 Feb. It seems 14 Feb is a sea day for QM2, so that is curious :confused:

Edited by Salacia

Those on my cruise, the Grand Norwegian adventure, are somewhat confused by the departure of the QM2 from NYC on May 16. Apparently we are leaving at 23:59. That seems unusual because the tide is high that evening. We will see.

QM2's departure from NYC isn't tide critical as she has good/sufficient clearance beneath the VN Bridge in any tide state.

Those on my cruise, the Grand Norwegian adventure, are somewhat confused by the departure of the QM2 from NYC on May 16. Apparently we are leaving at 23:59. That seems unusual because the tide is high that evening. We will see.

The QM2 10th Anniversary celebration takes place on the May 16th Crossing (and the May 9th Crossing). I wonder if the late departure could be due to something special - like fireworks, maybe? :)

Thanks for the link. As mentioned, the booklet doesn't specify times. In Muscat on 22 April we were planning maybe to visit the Grand Mosque (and say a few Hail Mary's!) but it is only open for non-Muslims 8-11 am and as the ship does not arrive till 10 am I doubt it will be possible. This helps with the planning but if we do arrive earlier we can head there first.

The QM2 10th Anniversary celebration takes place on the May 16th Crossing (and the May 9th Crossing). I wonder if the late departure could be due to something special - like fireworks, maybe? :)

I am hoping that is the reason. Perhaps they are bringing on special entertainment that has to go back to shore after the performance. I am hoping that either or both are possible. (My money is on the fireworks.)

I could understand a delay of an hour or so for entertainment or fireworks, but a 7 hour departure delay seems quite excessive for either of those.

My guess is that someone at Cunard made a mistake and used "cut and Paste" from the snow storm delayed January 4 crossing to fill in the May 16th departure data. I remember seeing that time being posted during that snow delay evening in New York.

I could understand a delay of an hour or so for entertainment or fireworks, but a 7 hour departure delay seems quite excessive for either of those.

My guess is that someone at Cunard made a mistake and used "cut and Paste" from the snow storm delayed January 4 crossing to fill in the May 16th departure data. I remember seeing that time being posted during that snow delay evening in New York.

Good point, BobBranst.

But just to mention that sunset in NY on May 16 is 20:07. If (and it's a big if) there are to be fireworks, I imagine that would take place sometime after sunset. -S.

I asked our TA to check on this for us. He was told that "officially" the departure time is still 17:00. However, there is a high probability there will be "something" special for the 10 anniversary that will delay the departure past 17:00. The 23:59 is more of a place holder than an actual time. Cunard will most likely announce what the "something" is when we get closer to the May 16th departure.