Reduced Deposit + Early Saver = Price Drop?!

surfjock27

We booked the other day on the Breeze (November 2014).

During the booking we took advantage of the reduced deposit of $50, and early saver.

The way I like to do it when booking, is pay the minimal amount due and let price drops chop away at the remaining balance as much as possible.. and then pay the remaining off at the due date.

We've had a lot of success with this in the past.

With that said, I've seen some people say that if I notice a price drop and submit it, it will be denied until I pay the deposit off. (We booked two adults, so we paid $100 deposit instead of $500 deposit.)

I've seen others debate that and say they've gotten price drops with a reduced deposit (before paying the entire deposit amount off).

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

What was your outcome?

Thanks in advance. :)

With that said, I've seen some people say that if I notice a price drop and submit it, it will be denied until I pay the deposit off.

If you notice a price drop and the fare also carries the reduced deposit, then you're fine.

If you notice a drop and the fare requires a full deposit, then you need to pay the balance deposit in order to keep your booking.

Example - if you see a new sale or a Past Guest rate or a resident rate lower than your current cruise fare for the same cabin category, you may submit for the price drop, BUT you need to pay the rest deposit as well.

If you notice a price drop and the fare also carries the reduced deposit, then you're fine.

If you notice a drop and the fare requires a full deposit, then you need to pay the balance deposit in order to keep your booking.

Example - if you see a new sale or a Past Guest rate or a resident rate lower than your current cruise fare for the same cabin category, you may submit for the price drop, BUT you need to pay the rest deposit as well.

Gotcha! Thank you for a quick response.

I was a little confused because some people on another thread were saying that are receiving price drops from the last reduced deposit sale and haven't paid their deposit in full yet..

And others were saying they were being denied.

some people on another thread were saying that are receiving price drops from the last reduced deposit sale and haven't paid their deposit in full yet..

In this case they have pricematched against the same reduced deposit sale. Their cabin just dropped in price.

And others were saying they were being denied.

Maybe these folks were applying for a drop that's not the same category/same number of guests? It helps if they mail back or call to verify what the reason behind the denial is.

I will be on the Dream in April and we booked with only a deposit. I have only seen one rate reduction before the final payment was due.

I did call carnival and they did reduce my balance based on the lower rate.

Now I hope the rates will go down after the final payment date passes. ;)