Carnival Legend Balcony Question

carmi0018

Hi All, Sailing on the legend out of Tampa February 16th for the week. Anyone ever had an obstructed view on this boat? Im told by carnival that it is behind a lifeboat( assume the Riviera deck). I'm already way over budget on this trip, i like the idea of having the space, but i'm wondering if that is all i will get, meaning no view, just the space. Your thoughts are appreciated. Oh, does anyone think I have a chance of getting upgraded to a unobstructed view?

Thanks!:confused::confused:

if you are on deck 5 you will have a great view looking out but not much looking down. If you are on deck 4 only a small view depending on lifeboat position.

I think you must be on 5 so the view will be ok. the first number of your cabin tells you which deck you will be on /definetly not Rivera which is deck one.\

dot

Hi All, Sailing on the legend out of Tampa February 16th for the week. Anyone ever had an obstructed view on this boat? Im told by carnival that it is behind a lifeboat( assume the Riviera deck). I'm already way over budget on this trip, i like the idea of having the space, but i'm wondering if that is all i will get, meaning no view, just the space. Your thoughts are appreciated. Oh, does anyone think I have a chance of getting upgraded to a unobstructed view?

Thanks!:confused::confused:

You must be on deck 5 we are on 4 with the French door's. No view but it is the same price as a inside so I said ok. Have had the same cabin for four cruises in the last two mth's. They kicked us off for DRY DOCK but will be joining you. Have you checked out our roll call? As Dot said just don't look down LOL.

Char

It depends on what you are expecting. We always do inside rooms. We like the dark and don't spend that much time in our room. However we did the Legend 2 years ago and decided to splurge since we had a 20% deal. The balcony was nice. We could see out past the lifeboat but couldn't look down. It was fun to have the extra space and have the door open for the fresh air. If you regularly get a balcony you may not like it but if you aren't picky it was nice for the money. For us I don't think balconies are worth it. We just didn't use it enough for the extra cost.

Thanks all. That information is extremely helpful! I just didn't want to make sure it's not completely obstructed. It's only (allot for me, but relatively speaking) $200 more than an oceanview. I'm a smoker, so I don't have to go up top to have a smoke is a good thing. We're a family of four, so the extra space helps.one thing though, am I correct in assuming that when sitting out there ill be looking at the hull of the lifeboat, or does it sit below the floor level a bit? Than, if really just be paying for the space.all important factors!

Thanks

We have used the obstructed balcony on the Legend several times.

If you can pick a cabin behind the first three life boats they have a better view, as these boats are larger.

You will be almost level with the top of the life boat, so you cant look straight down but can see ocean when looking out. We love the 7A obstructed balcony.

I was on the Legend last summer and had an obstructed view OV cabin. I believe it was category 4K. The whole key is to find one of the cabins that is between the lifeboats. We had one and there is about a 4 foot gap that allowed us to look straight out and see the water.

I can;t remember the website but there is one that people post pictures of their rooms. Look at the Legend deckplan and figure out which cabin is between the lifeboats and then look at the room website and see if they posted a picture what it looks like out the french door.

Calling Carnival, they might be able to tell you which cabins to look for

I was on the Legend last summer and had an obstructed view OV cabin. I believe it was category 4K. The whole key is to find one of the cabins that is between the lifeboats. We had one and there is about a 4 foot gap that allowed us to look straight out and see the water.

I can;t remember the website but there is one that people post pictures of their rooms. Look at the Legend deckplan and figure out which cabin is between the lifeboats and then look at the room website and see if they posted a picture what it looks like out the french door.

Calling Carnival, they might be able to tell you which cabins to look for[/quote

cruiselinerooms . com has pictures of some rooms if someone has uploaded them.