Onboard gifts - what are my chances?

TeamH

I sent a fax to order 2 x birthday cakes and room decorations before the cutoff. Fax went through fine. Didn't receive a confirmation so left an email and phone message. Still no response. Finally got to speak to someone yesterday. Royal have "lost" my order, however charged me twice for it and because we sail Monday tell me it's now too late to get the order back through. I've been told to try guest services when we board and they "might have spare cakes". The lady I spoke to was lovely (Eleanor) and very apologetic and told me she'd send an email to guest services as well. I'll take my own decorations now just in case, and of course will eventually be able to get refunds for the double charge, but what's the likelihood of them having spare cakes.

Have you ever asked for one at the last minute and been able to get it? The cakes were for my husband and almost 9 year old. I'll be happy if I can just get one for my son.

I know I can ask the waitstaff to bring a piece of cake at dinner and they might sing Happy Birthday, but that's really not the point.

Thanks

That's what I'm worried about. DH's is the day we board, which is why I've given up worrying about his cake, but DS's is the very next day. :o It's because they were so soon into the trip that I thought I'd better pre-order. What's that saying about the best laid plans. Oh well, no point dwelling on something I can no longer control.

I'll take my own decorations so I don't have to worry about that either, although it would have been fun to have the Royal one's.

Edited by TeamH

I sent a fax to order 2 x birthday cakes and room decorations before the cutoff. Fax went through fine. Didn't receive a confirmation so left an email and phone message. Still no response. Finally got to speak to someone yesterday. Royal have "lost" my order, however charged me twice for it and because we sail Monday tell me it's now too late to get the order back through. I've been told to try guest services when we board and they "might have spare cakes". The lady I spoke to was lovely (Eleanor) and very apologetic and told me she'd send an email to guest services as well. I'll take my own decorations now just in case, and of course will eventually be able to get refunds for the double charge, but what's the likelihood of them having spare cakes.

Have you ever asked for one at the last minute and been able to get it? The cakes were for my husband and almost 9 year old. I'll be happy if I can just get one for my son.

I know I can ask the waitstaff to bring a piece of cake at dinner and they might sing Happy Birthday, but that's really not the point.

Thanks

On Norwegian last July we were given a cute cake every evening for our anniversary at dinner. Most nights they sent it up to our room for later in the evening. But I would hope every cruise line would have simple cakes like this

IMG_0584.JPG

Thanks

Another idea instead of doing a cake would be cupcakes from the cupcake cupboard. If you are sailing on a ship that has that onboard that is another option! They are pretty big as well an u can stick a candle in that. Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the ideas. I don't believe Radiance had a cupcake cupboard but I guess they'll have something available.

I'm over the initial frustration and I'm sure he'll just be excited that he's on a cruise for his birthday :D and then happy with whatever else happens. He's mainly asked for a room service breakfast, so I'll definitely be able to organise that.