Beach chairs lunch drinks shade

hockeypapa

First I am going to say, before you read anything below read THIS POST AT Amsterdam Manor or New Nikky Beach/Reflextions?

Just wanted to let you know that we were just at Amsterdam Manor on 1/23/14 and they wouldn't rent lounge chairs to us. They said that they do not rent to cruise people. We had a good time though it seriously took about 35 minutes to get a drink when you went up to the bar.

Whether this is temporary or permanent, I always recommend that you have a "Plan B".

MOST RELIABLE

HINT-- There are 2 vendors on Palm Beach between the Riu Palace and Radisson. Take a taxi or the public bus to Palm Beach and the entrance to De Palm Pier. Walk the walkway from the street out towards the beach and the vendors will be on the righ hand side. The rent chaises, umbrellas and can take care of your watersports needs. Bugaloe is at the end of the pier for food and beverages. For a nice "sit down" lunch there is also Gilligan's beside restaurant at the Radisson.

watersports_vendor_sm.jpg

HINT-- the Westin Aruba was purchased by the adjacent Riu Palace and is closing for extensive renovations effective 2/27/14. It will be closed approximately 1 year. There will most likely be construction noise, but all beaches in Aruba are open to the public and there won't be many people here.

Moomba on Palm Beach

This is another option. Take a taxi or the bus to MoomBa. It is next to the Holiday Inn. They will permit you to use their chaises as long as you are eating/drinking there. There is some shade under the trees.

Beach w/ chairs, umbrella and food

all inclusive day pass in Aruba?

Hotel Day Passes

Amsterdam Manor or New Nikky Beach/Reflextions?

Eagle Beach - Shade and drinks

What is the best beach -aruba

Aruba beach ?

Eagle Beach and how to get there?

Chair/Umbrella Rental Cost on Palm Beach?

A day at Eagle Beach or the Renaissance?

Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach

IF you still have your heart set on the Amsterdam Manor

From

Amsterdam Manor

Beach Chairs $15 each ($10 for less than 4 hours)

Beach Service

Enjoy the luxuries of this intimate resort located at one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach. Rent a beach chair while you hear the music of Passions Beach Bar & Lounge in the background and are enjoying a refreshing cocktail. We offer beach service but feel free to lunch at our lunch deck in the shade of the Aruban Kwihi Tree. Restrooms, a beach shower and a changing room are available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

The free facilities may only be used by guests renting a beach chair and/or consuming at Passions. All beach users are welcome at Passions Beach Bar & Lounge and Passions on the Beach to come for a cocktail, lunch or dine with your toes in the sand.

Passions Beach Bar is open daily

Drinks:10:00 am – 11:00 pm

Lunch: 12:00 –– 4:30 pm

Passions on the Beach Dinner: 6:00 –– 9:30 pm

Prices are subject to change.

Beach chairs are limited for non‐hotel guests and are subject to availability, it is not possible to reserve a chair.

Chaise & Shade Palapa Rentals at the Amsterdam Manor

From https://www.facebook.com/AmsterdamManorBeachResort.Aruba

Question posted to Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

Will be in Aruba soon via cruise ship. Have been to beach across from Amsterdam Manor two years ago. We rented the thatched beach shelter from Amsterdam. Contacted you a few months ago in regards to rental this trip. Was advised that shelter is $10 for 4hours or less. Have several from cruise ship that are interested in the area and the beach bar.

Can you please confirm that we are allowed to rent shelters from Amsterdam. Counting the days.

about 5 months ago ·

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We offer beach service on the Beach at the Amsterdam Manor which includes the following services;

Beach chair rental $15 each, Half day rental $10 each,

Free wifi, Beach service,Passions Beach Bar & Lounge.

But, now it’s also possible for cruise passengers to enjoy one of Aruba’s most beautiful beaches – Eagle Beach – in a comfortable way at MVC Eagle Beach.

You can rent a beach chair here and use the available beach services. Right across the coastal road you will find Tulip Restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a drink.

Restrooms, a shower and a changing room are also available for your convenience and there is free access to wifi.

Question

Assuming you will be renting chaise lounges, will the beach palapas also be rented to cruise ship passengers over Christmas and New Years?

Reply from Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort Aruba

We don't rent out palapas to cruise ship passengers because these are for our hotel guests and since Christmas and New Years is a very busy period they will probably all be occupied. We do have palapas available at MVC Eagle Beach, also located at Eagle Beach.

Edited by Arubalisa

Know the taxi fare before you go anywhere on the island. If you are not sure what the fare should be the drivers are required by law to present a fare sheet to you.

Aruba Taxi Condition on Taxi Tariffs

Fares are per ride, not per person. Taxis by law may take a maximum of 5 persons and there is an addtional charge of $3 each way on Sundays and National Holidays.

From the cruise terminal in Oranjestad, the fare Monday through Saturday, one way, is as follows:

Eagle beach $10

Palm beach $11

Boca Catalina $18 (make arrangements for return pick up or take the bus)

Arashi beach $20 (make arrangements for return pick up or take the bus)

Baby beach $38 (make arrangements for return pick up or take the bus)

• Taxi fares are for a maximum of 5 people.
  • Fares are per ride, not per person.
  • There is an additional charge of $3 each way on Sundays and holidays.
  • Wet swimsuits are not permitted.

Hockeypapa try Moomba Beach, its between Holiday Inn and the Marriott Surf Club. It has a outdoor restaurant and bar. There is a free shower and restrooms. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas from local vendors. The beach is part of Palm Beach, the cab ride is around $10. You can also take the bus if you want a cheaper ride option. We go there every year and have a great time, we check out some of the local hotel for a week option in the furture.

There web address is: MoombaBeachBar&Restaurant.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

That info about Amsterdam Manor must be temporary. I'm only saying that because we were just in Aruba last week, and prior to our trip, I inquired at several places regarding day passes. We've spent time on Aruba on land, and know the island well, and have also done "day passes" or the "renting of chairs" while on cruises. I much prefer Aruba by land when you can really see everything and relax and enjoy paradise there!

Anyway, in advance of last week's trip, we chose MVC Eagle Beach this time (operated by the same folks as Amsterdam Manor). We just wanted something new, and they did not disappoint!

Cost to rent chairs at MVC -- $10/person all day or $5 if staying less than 4 hours. We had full access to their restrooms, changing rooms, pool, and restaurant (ordering from the menu). The menu they gave us was the lunch menu, which was too limited for our tastes. I requested the dinner menu, and together with my DH, we ordered several of the appetizers to make a complete meal. We were stuffed! Cost was $44 when all was said and done with our meal! We really did order too much, and could have saved $13 if I wasn't insistent on trying so much. ;)

Back to my original comment about Amsterdam Manor -- we've rented chairs there in the past and really liked the facilities, but chose MVC Eagle Beach just for a change of pace. Attached is the info direct from Amsterdam Manor regarding renting their chairs, and yes, they knew we were coming in on a cruise.

AmsterdamManor.jpg.de1999bee9da5762ee03650492d10bbc.jpg

Anyway, in advance of last week's trip, we chose MVC Eagle Beach this time (operated by the same folks as Amsterdam Manor). We just wanted something new, and they did not disappoint!

Tara, was the beach at MVC crowded? I know that when we were at the Amsterdam Manor the beach was very crowded and when it came time to leave the line for the shower was at least 12 people long.

Tara, was the beach at MVC crowded? I know that when we were at the Amsterdam Manor the beach was very crowded and when it came time to leave the line for the shower was at least 12 people long.

Not at all. We got there about 10am and obtained a nice palapa, right off the water, with two lounge chairs. I took pics of how quiet the beach was at that time, but need to offload them from the camera. :) Of course, 10am is still really early. We DID notice and talk about how many more people were there between Noon and 1pm. That was definitely the peak time. Then, after 1pm, it started to transition. The morning people started to leave, and new groups of afternoon people arrived. By 2pm it was somewhat quiet again. We left at 3:30pm and I swung by the restrooms with no one inside.

I like Amsterdam Manor as well, but MVC had a lot less people. Though, the facilities at MVC are older, but if you're really just wanting an amazing beach with clean restrooms and nothing fancy, MVC would suffice.

I just returned from vacationing in Aruba. There is now a vendor on Druif beach renting chairs and umbrellas. His signs also say that he has jet ski and parasailing rentals, along with Jolly Pirate tickets. This is a very wide, beautiful stretch of beach, with plenty of room for everyone. It is not at all crowded. There is an upstairs beach bar, overlooking the water, and several restaurants across the street at Divi Village.

Edited by Hatteras51