Dolphinaris vs. Dolphin Discovery

YaWk3Y_BoMb3r

I have read lots and lots of info about the Dolphin swim with dolphin Discovery at chankanaab. I just randomly came across this Dolphinaris place and have literally never heard of it. Are they comparable? Pros/cons of each. Overall what is the thought of this place?

My daughter & son-in-law just did the Dolphin encounter at Chankanaab about 2 weeks ago. They didn't make reservations ahead of time, and they only had to pay $98/each since they had paid for the admission into the park. They got to ride them, kiss & touch them, swim w/them etc. The dolphins are in a huge pin in the ocean, so there is a lot of room.

We were on the Magic a couple of weeks ago, and took a taxi to town that dropped some girls off at Dophinaris. It looks like a hotel when you pull up to it. We didn't know it existed either. When we were walking back from town towards our ship, we walked past it it. I took a couple of pictures through the fence of where they have the dolphins. They had JUST finished feeding them when I walked up, so I couldn't ever get a picture of the dolphins, but below is a picture of what their dolphin "pool" looks like. It was basically like a swimming pool. I can't imagine getting to do very much with the dolphins there. I looked it up online, and their prices seemed to be about the same as Chankanaab too.

Maybe this will help you decide. The pictures below are of Dolphinaris.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Edited by 2Okies

My daughter & son-in-law just did the Dolphin encounter at Chankanaab about 2 weeks ago. They didn't make reservations ahead of time, and they only had to pay $98/each since they had paid for the admission into the park. They got to ride them, kiss & touch them, swim w/them etc. The dolphins are in a huge pin in the ocean, so there is a lot of room.

We were on the Magic a couple of weeks ago, and took a taxi to town that dropped some girls off at Dophinaris. It looks like a hotel when you pull up to it. We didn't know it existed either. When we were walking back from town towards our ship, we walked past it it. I took a couple of pictures through the fence of where they have the dolphins. They had JUST finished feeding them when I walked up, so I couldn't ever get a picture of the dolphins, but below is a picture of what their dolphin "pool" looks like. It was basically like a swimming pool. I can't imagine getting to do very much with the dolphins there. I looked it up online, and their prices seemed to be about the same as Chankanaab too.

Maybe this will help you decide. The pictures below are of Dolphinaris.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thanks for posting this. BTW: do you know if they tried bringing waterproof cameras into the pool with them? I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed but just wanted to see if they made any exceptions at all.

I signed my wife up for Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab and it would be awesome if she could bring/wear my GoPro into the pool with her. I'm pretty sure they won't let her but I may try anyway and see if they'll let it slide.

Thanks for posting this. BTW: do you know if they tried bringing waterproof cameras into the pool with them? I'm pretty sure this isn't allowed but just wanted to see if they made any exceptions at all.

I signed my wife up for Dolphin Discovery at Chankanaab and it would be awesome if she could bring/wear my GoPro into the pool with her. I'm pretty sure they won't let her but I may try anyway and see if they'll let it slide.

I know at Chankanaab you could not bring your own camera into the pool. They take pictures, and want you to buy the pictures, or the CD. Our daughter bought the CD, but I'm not sure what she paid.

I don't know about Dophinaris.