Queen Mary 2 12th November 2014 Southampton to New York

Dorothy's Friend

Gary - that crossing to remember - Friday Nov 13, 2009 when the bow windows in the Commodore Club were covered with water!

I remember that! I have a knack for getting on winter crossings with enormous storms. Fortunately, QM2 barely moves in even the roughest seas!

Sorry for not responding sooner. I have been rather busy preparing my home in Spain for the coming winter.

In less than 5 weeks we will be boarding, I am looking forward to it and to meeting everyone. As for the rocking and rolling, having worked on the QE2 I got used to it. Rough weather and a moving ship just makes me very hungry (as it did my Dad who also worked for Cunard most of his working life). However, my traveling companions are a different story. All those green faces :(!

As for the rocking and rolling' date=' having worked on the QE2 I got used to it. Rough weather and a moving ship just makes me very hungry (as it did my Dad who also worked for Cunard most of his working life). However, my traveling companions are a different story. All those green faces :(![/quote']

It's not only passengers that the seas can effect. During January, 2006 I was on the QE2 making a crossing, and two nights out from our arrival in New York the seas were as Capt. Nicholas Bates would say, "a bit boisterous." My waitress in Queens Grill turned that peculiar shade of green while serving dinner; the poor thing had to run out of the restaurant before embarrassing herself. We didn't see her again until the next day when the seas were much less intense.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind a bit of the same sort of seas. After all it is Winter North Atlantic, you know!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everyone!

Any chance that anyone would be interested in forming a dinner table? Pretty sure we can call with our cabin numbers and make the request.

Feel free to reply here or email me: gkulash (at) gmail (dot) com

Cruise Critic is working very slow this morning. This is my third attempt to reply to your post.

Anyway, as much as forming a dinner table is a good idea I think my group will leave things as they are. We have three seperate reservations and we have had a lot of hassle getting the reservations associated for dining purposes. Now that we think (hope) they are we do not want to confuse things further. Thanks for the good idea though.

LGBT Roll Call for 12 November 2014 Westbound Crossing

Calliope

Frank & Chuck

USA

Dorothy's Friend

Spain/England

Float Some & Jet Some

Darby & Doug

USA

Garykool81

Gary and husband

USA

H Crane

Crane & Ron

USA

If anyone wants to share more information, please, feel free to.

LGBT Roll Call for 12 November 2014 Westbound Crossing

Calliope

Frank & Chuck

USA

Dorothy's Friend

Spain/England

Float Some & Jet Some

Darby & Doug

USA

Garykool81

Gary and husband

USA

H Crane

Crane & Ron

USA

If anyone wants to share more information, please, feel free to.

As part of Dorothy's Friend's (Kevin) group please add Neil, David, Rob & John.:D

It's not only passengers that the seas can effect. During January, 2006 I was on the QE2 making a crossing, and two nights out from our arrival in New York the seas were as Capt. Nicholas Bates would say, "a bit boisterous." My waitress in Queens Grill turned that peculiar shade of green while serving dinner; the poor thing had to run out of the restaurant before embarrassing herself. We didn't see her again until the next day when the seas were much less intense.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't mind a bit of the same sort of seas. After all it is Winter North Atlantic, you know!

For those who wish for a bit of rocking and rolling, your wish may well come true at least for the first couple of days judging by these pressure maps for Wednesday the 12th and Thursday the 13th. That Atlantic depression sure is deep!

1290354259_12thNovPressureChart.jpg.de6fa44acfe3a2c1fc45c7ae50ca2b08.jpg

2131718520_13thNovPressureChart.jpg.1397ba45f521c202fa33e539245e6d3a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...