Newbie Question - What are hump cabins?

cbny

I know this is probably something that I should have figured out by now, but what exactly are hump cabins? Are they only found on RCI or Voyager class ships since I haven't heard the term on NCL or Princess?

TIA for bringing me up to speed.

Best to all,

Carrie

Allen,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have just looked at the deck plans for the Voyager, and I think I know what you mean. What I am still not clear about though is whether hump cabins are generally desirable or not. People seem to talk about them as if they are. Is that because of the view, the size of the cabins and/or balconies, or the location on the ship in general? :confused:

Just curious....

Thanks again.

Carrie

I do not know if the room is any bigger but people seem to like them better becasue when you go out on the balcony you can see down the side of the ship without leaning out over the side. a little better view I guess. I have nver had one yet. My wife did book us on one in the future.

thanks

AL

The hump cabins are about in the middle of the ship. You can really see the hump on the outside of the Radiance class of ships. There are about 4-5 decks that have hump cabins. Past cruisers like hump cabins because of their location on the ship, it's easy to get to elevators, etc. We've booked a hump cabin on the Serenade for February.

Archived