Carnival Spirit - Your Time Dining ?

Hi,

Actually I agree with Pwkmpjm. I didnt want to answer the dining option question as I am not 100% sure but I thought you had to use whichever dining option was chosen when booking. If you have early or late you can ask at the Maitre 'd to change and if they have space they will (but there is never space for early dining as its too popular) but it is a permenant change. Not just for 1 night. I have been on 2 Carnival cruises out of Miami so they have different rules to Spirit and Legend but I needed to change our dining and was told if I did it was permenant. My other choice was go to the buffet for the one night or one of the pay restaurants. Also a note if you have early or late seating and you are sharing a table try not to be too late as the waiters wait for you before they take orders which means everyone else at the table waits as well.

Cheers,

Fiona

:)

Edited by Forever dreaming

• 3 weeks later...

Well I asked the MD what happens if someone is late for their Early Dining time and if they could go upstairs to Anytime Dining and she shook her head and said not really as Anytime Dining is usually booked out solid so looks like you have to miss out and go up to the buffet if you miss your Early/Late Dining reservation time. I was actually glad we had our Early Dining time even though it was too early at 6pm for us as when we went down to the dining room the Anytime Dining queue upstairs was so long with people waiting up to 45 minutes to be seated. Must have been meant to be for us to have Early Dining after all so we could be seated straight away.

P.S. We were asked if we wanted to order or wait for the rest of the table to arrive when we were the first ones to be seated. When we were not the first to arrive at our table and the others had already ordered, our meals all came out at the same time anyway.

Edited by Magic Happens

Hi we were on Carnival Spirit in June 2013 as a group of 4 (2 couples) and we did the anytime dining. When arriving at the Empire DR we always asked for a table for 4. The most we had to wait was 10 mins and we were handed a restaurant type buzzer and waited in the adjoining bar in the Deco Lounge on Deck 3. The dining room staff were only to happy to accommodate us and a bit of a wait didn't worry us .... we were on holiday! We found if we left it a little later we didn't have to wait at all.

Hi we were on Carnival Spirit in June 2013 as a group of 4 (2 couples) and we did the anytime dining. When arriving at the Empire DR we always asked for a table for 4. The most we had to wait was 10 mins and we were handed a restaurant type buzzer and waited in the adjoining bar in the Deco Lounge on Deck 3. The dining room staff were only to happy to accommodate us and a bit of a wait didn't worry us .... we were on holiday! We found if we left it a little later we didn't have to wait at all.

Whoops, I meant to mention that after the great service on the first night, we always asked to be seated in the same section serviced by the same waiters. So even though you have anytime dining, you can still build up some rapport with the same waiters i.e. that's not limited to the fixed dining times.