Nassau: Sheraton vs. Balmoral Island

megann831

Me, my husband, our 2 and 4 year old will be in Nassau from 11-8 on the Carnival Pride in April. My husband wants to stick to excursions because he thinks that will be easier with the kids for some reason. We booked Balmoral Island, $50/adult, kids free, 12-4:30.

I'm thinking I should really be pushing for the Sheraton and it looks like I have the option to cancel our excursion to Balmoral. From what I've seen it's $25/person plus the cost of taxi, I don't know what they'd charge for the kids. I like the fact that we can come and go as we please. If everyone is having a great time we can be there all day, if the kids get cranky we go back to the boat.

Which would you do? If we go with the Sheraton do we just show up and buy a day pass that day or do we need to do any booking ahead of time?

We had booked Balmoral Beach but when I read some reviews, I canceled. Now we will take either bus or cab to Melia Hotel(Sheraton) and get a day pass. I believe it is $30 pp for the day, no food included. Not sure of the price for children. You do not make a reservation, just walk in and they will give you a bracelet. There's a beautiful pool and beach. Also, if you go onto "Larry's Vacation Webcam" you can see a live cam of the hotel. Looks really nice and peaceful and not crowded.:)

Me, my husband, our 2 and 4 year old will be in Nassau from 11-8 on the Carnival Pride in April. My husband wants to stick to excursions because he thinks that will be easier with the kids for some reason. We booked Balmoral Island, $50/adult, kids free, 12-4:30.

I'm thinking I should really be pushing for the Sheraton and it looks like I have the option to cancel our excursion to Balmoral. From what I've seen it's $25/person plus the cost of taxi, I don't know what they'd charge for the kids. I like the fact that we can come and go as we please. If everyone is having a great time we can be there all day, if the kids get cranky we go back to the boat.

Which would you do? If we go with the Sheraton do we just show up and buy a day pass that day or do we need to do any booking ahead of time?

We are going on the Pride in April also; my husband, myself, my 16 yo, and our 17 yo Japanese foreign exchange student. We had thought about Balmoral Beach, but are doing Melia also. It is $30/pp for adults, $50 pp if you want to include lunch, or $75pp if you want the buffet for the day. I've heard that Balmoral is crowded and expensive....Melia has a beach, pools, and beach toys you can use (kayaks, paddle boats....I did see a blow up slide, but not sure its there still).

We just have to figure out how to get there....jitney or cab?

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

We are going on the Pride in April also; my husband, myself, my 16 yo, and our 17 yo Japanese foreign exchange student. We had thought about Balmoral Beach, but are doing Melia also. It is $30/pp for adults, $50 pp if you want to include lunch, or $75pp if you want the buffet for the day. I've heard that Balmoral is crowded and expensive....Melia has a beach, pools, and beach toys you can use (kayaks, paddle boats....I did see a blow up slide, but not sure its there still).

We just have to figure out how to get there....jitney or cab?

Melia is easily accessible by #10 or 12a Jitney for $1.25pp/ or by cab for $18 for 2 ppl / $3 for ea. add'l person

Easy peasy ..

Melia is easily accessible by #10 or 12a Jitney for $1.25pp/ or by cab for $18 for 2 ppl / $3 for ea. add'l person

Easy peasy ..

Thanks! Where do you pick up the jitney from the docks? It would end up costing us $50 round trip for the 4 of us :)

Thanks! Where do you pick up the jitney from the docks? It would end up costing us $50 round trip for the 4 of us :)

You can board the jitney on George Street. From the port exit, go straight ahead to Bay Street.. make a right and go about 3 short block.. past the straw market. George Street is on the left. Just ask.. any local will point it out to you.