Thomson Majesty Dry-Dock

agree on the engines joe...yes newer so probably more efficient...after all the destiny ran on hamsters didnt it:)

Imo..if they are covering the san marco and creating more sunbed space above? then they will be solving one problem (lack of buffet table space) and creating another (destiny style al fresco/wind tunnel buffet tables) comes into its own when the weather is good but I dont think it will cut it in the atlantic (canaries)

I'm hoping it will be the lido buffet that is being extended?....but they cant cover over half the lido/pool with a sundeck...can they?

Wonder when the refit will be finished & what Dock are they using

I loved sitting out there too Jakanne. I hope we will still be able to have our lunch on the new deck or will it be all sunbeds?

from thomsons FB page

The new buffet restaurant is found at the back of Thomson Majesty on Deck 10, where Piazza San Marco was. It will be fully enclosed, so it’s a new indoor dining option, and the roof will form the new deck space on Deck 11.

Thanks Mike! I posted that on #23! My point was does deck space mean it will be all sunbeds? We used to enjoy having lunch outside at San Marco.

I'm guessing they are going to make the Piazza San Marco an indoor, buffet area now (maybe similar to the Lido Cafe on Destiny?) and then the roof above this will then be used as a new sunbathing area with sun beds.

• 2 weeks later...
First set of balconies on the left look completed:

http://www.shipfriends.gr/forum/gallery/image/62445-thomson-majesty-dei-dock-19022014/

Are people going to get balconies for the summer without realising they were going to be getting them. :confused:

Now that would be very nice! We have booked a suite on Deck nine plus the adjoining outside plus! That would go some way to compensate for the dreadful change of flight times and the possibility of now tendering into Venice!

Just had another look and whilst it does seem like the junior suites 902 - 918, these already had floor to ceiling bay windows so a change to a balcony could I assume be easily achieved, the fact the lifeboats hang at this level would surely defeat the object of adding balconies?

• 2 weeks later...