Costa Maya,which Is Best Beach?

A few years ago my family and I went on the Jungle Beach Break offered by Royal Caribbean and enjoyed it very much. The beach was clean, lots of activities and at the time, the price included an open bar (not sure if they still do that). It was one of our best beach experiences, and we have been on 7 cruises to date. The price is also very reasonable.

Happy cruisin'

Rhea

Right where the ships dock is a nice beach with beach lounge chairs which is provided for all of the cruiseship passengers. We were on Carnival Inspiration at the time but Voyager of the Seas, Granders of the Seas and a HAL ship were there also.( My first look at a voyager class ship-voyager was at least 5 decks higher and 30 feet longer then Inspiration-they were docked next to each other. Grander looked like a "baby" in comparison to Voyager.) There is also a swimming pool right there with a swim-up bar and a straw market type shop area.

Five miles away is the fishing villiage which costs you $5 a person roundtrip in a taxi to go to. There is a beach right there also.

I thought both beach areas were really nice and beautiful. I would not pay for a beach excursion myself. If you want to take an excursion-go see the mayan ruins.

Archived