Le Relais du Louvre -Paris hotel

cadburysmom

Hi,

I'm trying to decide on a hotel in Paris and wondering if anyone has stayed at le Relais du Louvre? It is located on the right bank within walking distance to Pont Neuf and gets mostly great reviews on Tripadvisor. What I'm looking for is a small boutique hotel with a Parisian flair in a safe location within walking distance of main attractions. This hotel was recommended to me but they had not stayed there for a couple of years and things might have changed.

My second choice would be Hotel du Danube located in St. Germain off Rue Jacob only a block away from the Seine. It is a little less expensive, seems to be in a wonderful location but gets mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

If you have stayed in either or can recommend another in this area, please do!

Thanks in advance...

Edited by cadburysmom

Hi,

It's just 10min walk from home, so... I never slept inside but i can tell you that this is a very nice place to stay. It's a little street where there is just a few cars.

In Paris, it's never safe. But this place is safer than other arrondissements. :)

For public transportation, you have many different choices... and you can do a lot of things walking. One of the best part to stay for me. ;)

French reviews are great too.

I would go for that one !

Edited by frenchrci

Hi Frenchrci,

Thank you for your reply. So nice to hear from someone who actually lives in Paris. I will make my reservation at le Relais du Louvre today.

Can you recommend any affordable restaurants or patisseries nearby? I prefer eating breakfast out rather than at the hotel and love a good crepe.

Thanks again!

There is very nice restaurants in the "Rue Montorgueil". A street without cars where you can find "Le pain quotidien" for the breakfast, for example ! For dinner it's a very nice street with a lot of very good restaurants...

Rue Montorgueil

But, be careful, just near your hotel, everything is very expensive !

I can't suggest you just one... Look here!

Everyone in Paris know that website ! TripAdvisor is very good too ! You can trust their reviews. :)

Edited by frenchrci

This is such great information! Thank you so much!

My second choice of hotels, Hotel du Danube, seemed to be much closer to more (and cheaper) restaurants but looks as if Rue Montorgueil is within walking distance to Le Relais due Louvre, or would you suggest I use the Metro?

I know it's probably overpriced and a tourist trap but I'm looking forward to trying breakfast at "Angelina" off Rue de Rivoli. I've read mixed reviews but it definitely looks within walking distance from my hotel. What are your thoughts?

It's just 10min walking, so don't use the metro ! :)

The second hotel doesn't change a lot.

You can also go to the "Bd St Germain" to find restaurants and walk a little by night. You can do a lot of things just walking 10/15min with beautiful views with the Seine.

The Angelina is very good ! You should try their hot chocolate !

A tip: if you see a "bakery" with "Meilleur ouvrier/artisan de France" written.. Go inside to take something !! ;)

For example: Franck Kestener (5è arr.), world champion of "Pâtisseries", or Pralus (3è arr.) with the famous "Praluline" ! :)

More great information!

I can't wait to try a hot chocolate at Angelina. I've heard such wonderful things about it.

...and thank you also for the tip about the best bakeries. Obviously, I have an enormous sweet tooth.:D

Thanks again!!

Edited by cadburysmom

Hi,

It's just 10min walk from home, so... I never slept inside but i can tell you that this is a very nice place to stay. It's a little street where there is just a few cars.

In Paris, it's never safe. But this place is safer than other arrondissements. :)

For public transportation, you have many different choices... and you can do a lot of things walking. One of the best part to stay for me. ;)

French reviews are great too.

I would go for that one !

Do you know of any nice apartments in the same area? Was looking at a nice 1bd 1bath for 3 nights. Thx Larry