Carnival Victory, drink package?

*KristenInCT*

This is from the Carnival website....

How did you like the package? we are sailing July 6th on the Magic and will be the first time we are purchasing such drink package.

CHEERS! is now offered on ALL ships with the exception of the Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation and Carnival Spirit.

This is from the Carnival website....

How did you like the package? we are sailing July 6th on the Magic and will be the first time we are purchasing such drink package.

CHEERS! is now offered on ALL ships with the exception of the Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Sensation and Carnival Spirit.

Thanks so much for the quick reply!!!

Edited by *KristenInCT*

Looks like you already got your answer, but I had to chime in on an entirely different subject.....

I am also Kristin in Connecticut..... But with an "I", instead of the "E":D:D

Even MORE coincidental, I see you are cruising with your friend Liz. Liz is my childhood best friend......

Ok, that's it. Just thought it was cute...

Carry on.......:rolleyes:

We limited ourselves to one round of fancy drinks on deck and wine at dinner. Between the airport and cruise terminal we picked up a 12 pack of beers and another of coolers.

We left a few beers behind. Light drinkers. Next time we'll bring an inflatable ice bucket for in the room.

Even so, our bar tab came in at $30 per day. The Cheers deal would have been worth it if we had gone 6 rounds or more per day. Count on $15 per round.

Edited by Pr0spect0r

KristenInCT just curious- was the Paradise a nice boat? I'm taking my first cruise ever on the Paradise in April!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Paradise was one of my favorite ships. It was smaller and just easy to get around. Five nights is perfect for that ship!!! I like smaller ships better than HUGE ships......Definitely a great time!!!

We limited ourselves to one round of fancy drinks on deck and wine at dinner. Between the airport and cruise terminal we picked up a 12 pack of beers and another of coolers.

We left a few beers behind. Light drinkers. Next time we'll bring an inflatable ice bucket for in the room.

Even so, our bar tab came in at $30 per day. The Cheers deal would have been worth it if we had gone 6 rounds or more per day. Count on $15 per round.

interested in how you brought this on board since it is against the rules... carryon or checked luggage?

I thought a small quantity for personal use was allowed.

Anyways, honest mistake, and we hid nothing. We put a 12 pack of Canada Dry in my daughter's carry on, the beer in mine, and the coolers in my wife's.

They asked to inspect the Canada Dry at the X-ray machine, and when they saw it was a sealed case, had no comments.

After that we blithely lugged it on to the boat. I doubt we could have been less discrete about it - we had it in those cloth shopping bags.

I thought a small quantity for personal use was allowed.

Anyways, honest mistake, and we hid nothing. We put a 12 pack of Canada Dry in my daughter's carry on, the beer in mine, and the coolers in my wife's.

They asked to inspect the Canada Dry at the X-ray machine, and when they saw it was a sealed case, had no comments.

After that we blithely lugged it on to the boat. I doubt we could have been less discrete about it - we had it in those cloth shopping bags.

We were on your cruise and we checked in security was LAX to say the least.

You can bring a certain amount of water/soda/ mixers. You got lucky:p