St. Maarten or St. Kitts?

bevomom

Travelling to both on RCI in March. Would like to use a private dive master in either St. Maarten or St. Kitts. 4 people, all certified with equipment.

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome. Trying to weigh which location has the best diving, and interested in shop recommendations. Thank you!

Edited by bevomom

• 2 weeks later...

Never tried St. Kitts. I've tried St Maarten twice. The most boring diving in the Caribbean. Lots of sand between clumps of coral. I normally like sand. That's where you find the little critters that are interesting. Sand Gobies, eel fish and all sorts of curious things. But this was mostly just sand.

Do yourself a favor and have a beach day in St. Maarten.

ken

Ocean Explorers in St Maarten were amazing! My husband and I did a shark dive with them last year and are going back in April to dive with them again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

From St. Maarten we took the ferry over to Isle Pinel and had a blast. The snorkeling around the rocks was pretty good. Schools of starfish were cool. There was a great restaurant called Karabonie when we visited a few years ago, too. Awesome food, albeit a bit pricey.