Looking for suggestions- In San Juan 3pm-10pm

cruisinsusin

We will be in San Juan for the evening and are looking for suggestions - we have toured both forts and old San Juan on previous land/cruise trips. The Bacardi factory last tour is at 415pm so, if we are at all late in docking, it may be tough to get there in time on our own. I cant see spending $35 per person for the 5 of us for the ship's tour.

It will be too late for beaches/snorkeling and there will be a near full moon so it is the wrong time of the month for bio-bay.

What have others done during this late afternoon/evening port call?

Thanks!

We will be in San Juan for the evening and are looking for suggestions - we have toured both forts and old San Juan on previous land/cruise trips. The Bacardi factory last tour is at 415pm so, if we are at all late in docking, it may be tough to get there in time on our own. I cant see spending $35 per person for the 5 of us for the ship's tour.

It will be too late for beaches/snorkeling and there will be a near full moon so it is the wrong time of the month for bio-bay.

Thanks!

Have you been to OSJ at night before? We have spent a lot of time there and after dark it is like a whole new town. I don't which ones, but some of the restaurants have traditional dancing etc that is fun to watch. Taking a walk along the old city wall at sunset is really nice.

Have you been to OSJ at night before? We have spent a lot of time there and after dark it is like a whole new town. I don't which ones, but some of the restaurants have traditional dancing etc that is fun to watch. Taking a walk along the old city wall at sunset is really nice.

I am staying in OSJ 2 nights. What is it like at night?

I am staying in OSJ 2 nights. What is it like at night?

I enjoy it at night. I find it fun and relaxing. Where are you staying? We stayed at Da House and I found it nice and quiet. That was on a Sunday night, I guess it's noisier other nights. We have been there in January or early Feb, and they seem to always have Christmas lights up, sometimes due to San Sebastian Festival. I agree with above to walk the sidewalk at night, and being on the grassy lawn by El Morrow at sunset is beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were planning to do San Juan on our own and tour the forts which I understand are not far from the cruise port. Apparently the Forts close at 5:00 pm which leaves very little time. What are some other suggestions for San Juan with a 3:00 pm scheduled arrival? We are scheduled to be in port from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I were planning to do San Juan on our own and tour the forts which I understand are not far from the cruise port. Apparently the Forts close at 5:00 pm which leaves very little time. What are some other suggestions for San Juan with a 3:00 pm scheduled arrival? We are scheduled to be in port from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is time to see the forts if you go there right away, and for the rest of the evening, I would just spend it in OSJ. It is so easy to walk the whole thing. Tons of fun shops and you can find a new place to eat. We really enjoyed Vaca Brava, but there are a lot of really good suggestions on this site for other places. I just really enjoy the old city so much I can't spend enough time there.

Thanks!

I think it is unlikely for the ship to be that delayed.

This is a simple DIY trip- just walk to the left of the dock to the municipal ferry dock. It doesn't take an hour and fifteen minutes to walk a block to the ferry, buy your ferry tix, take the 10 minute ferry ride across the harbor, then get into a collectivo van to Barcardi. Just plan to be speedy getting off the ship! When you get off the ferry, there will be guys saying Ba-car-DEE, Ba-car-DEE, these are the collectivo guys. Just follow one to a van. It's not sketchy, it is actually pretty well organized.

It's cute and fun, and it's MORE fun as a DIY! The tour is a little Disney-fied, but not too much. If you are looking for an in-depth, meet a master-distiller, personalized tour, this isn't it, but it's a fun introduction to a large factory distiller.

I think it is unlikely for the ship to be that delayed.

This is a simple DIY trip- just walk to the left of the dock to the municipal ferry dock. It doesn't take an hour and fifteen minutes to walk a block to the ferry, buy your ferry tix, take the 10 minute ferry ride across the harbor, then get into a collectivo van to Barcardi. Just plan to be speedy getting off the ship! When you get off the ferry, there will be guys saying Ba-car-DEE, Ba-car-DEE, these are the collectivo guys. Just follow one to a van. It's not sketchy, it is actually pretty well organized.

It's cute and fun, and it's MORE fun as a DIY! The tour is a little Disney-fied, but not too much. If you are looking for an in-depth, meet a master-distiller, personalized tour, this isn't it, but it's a fun introduction to a large factory distiller.

Thanks- that's reassuring- we will give it a go!