Should I or shouldn't i?

ish drakes

This is slightly off topic but I thought I'd mention it as you are very concerned about rough seas....

The best cabins on a ship, if you are prone to seasickness (as my husband is) is to be in an inside cabin, midship and on a low deck. That way the point of movement is lessened and a much more comfortable ride.

And an old 'yachties' remedy is to put cotton wool in your left ear - it stabilizes the conflict between your eyes and ears - kind of like just listening to mono instead of stereo - eases the input on your senses and your balance mechanisms.

Whatever cruise you choose - ENJOY!! :D

Thank you for that tip, will keep that in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Re: the age question. My husband and I are 28 with no kids and will be cruising Alaska this September with Princess (on the Golden). I'm sure we will be in the minority as far as age group, but it doesn't bother us. We still enjoy some fun late nights on occasion but when we booked an Alaskan cruise nightlife wasn't what we were looking forward to. As others have pointed out (and I'm glad to see since it is what I had assumed) an Alaskan cruise is about the scenery and the adventure. I wouldn't let your age stop you from going on whatever type of vacation you'd like to go on :)

Thanks. I am definitely realising that age is not a factor in this decision. Just get there and enjoy all that Alaska has to offer.

SITKA is magnificent! Its history is amazing..........those Russians!:) It's my favorite Alaska City (Skagway USED to be).

We spent over two months one summer in Alaksa in our motorhome...........went "up" via the Marine System so we could see places one can't drive into and it was fun, too.

I go almost every year and it's been "harder" to find a cruise to Sitka, but this year we WILL visit there.

One thing to consider (I don't know where you live) is the cost of air travel into and out of Canada.

Decisions! Decisions! I love it when ALL of my choices have been made and I can then just think about my upcoming adventure.

ENJOY!:o

We are from Barbados in the Caribbean and plan to fly to Seattle, explore for a few days and depending on which cruise we end up choosing, we would talk the amtrak over to Vancouver (Princess).