Can I get the Cheers program on Embarkation Day?

hassellcastle

I've heard mixed answers on this question.

Me and my wife are thinking about doing the Cheers program as we usually tie one on pretty good while cruising....why not it's our vacation :-)

Anyhow, I've been told by a friend of mine that cruised out of Galveston that they didn't offer the Cheer program until their first fun day at sea.

We too will be leaving out of Galveston. I would totally consider purchasing the Cheers program for me and my wife if we can get it on Embarkation day as well. I mean this is usually the day we really tie one on as were excited about the start of our trip.

Anyhow, does anyone know the official answer on this? And if it's not available on Embarkation Day out of Galveston....Why not?!

Thanks,

Craig

we just sailed out of galveston and could only purchase it the first full sea day or the next day. we just drank the wine we brought on embarkation day until we could buy cheers the next morning.

So you are saying you can buy it on Day 3? Normally it is day 1 or day 2, so I figured leaving from Galveston it would only be available on Day 2.

So you are saying you can buy it on Day 3? Normally it is day 1 or day 2, so I figured leaving from Galveston it would only be available on Day 2.

since leaving from galveston it isn't available on embarkation day, It is available day two and three

Coltsmama,

Here is the question.....

Do you think it was worth it?

Did you get your money's worth. Or would you have been better off just buying your drinks individually throughout the cruise?

Also are shots included in the cheers program?

it was worth it to us. we did spend a lot of time onboard though even on port days. you'd have to work a little harder on those days if you're going to be onshore. I drank bloody marys and beer and my husband had beer, whiskey and waters and a few shots of patron. we definitely came out ahead. it helps to find a good bartender and tip well, we had rudi at the poolbar on the magic. and he helped us out a lot. if we weren't drinking as much one day, he would bring us unopened beers to take back to our room to drink whenever.

since leaving from galveston it isn't available on embarkation day, It is available day two and three

They must have just changed this. Was not the case in November. First sea day only on Magic.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app