Places to eat in Cape Canaveral

jacksmycat

My husband and I are flying in the day before our cruise and staying in Cape Canaveral. I've read that people recommend Fishlips and Grills. We may be meeting a couple we know and they mentioned Millikens Reef. Has anyone eaten here for supper and what is your opinion of the food? Is it loud? My husband can't handle loud music. Is it casual or dressy? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

did you google it?

http://www.millikensreef.com/

it is at the west end of the same road as Grills/Rustys/FishLips

menu is a bit more $$

of the four I prefer Grills myself.

all do a happy hour that is very popular so if you plan to be there on a Fri/Sat/Sun late afternoon early evening they all tend to get a bit loud ..

p.s. for the record

I live near the port and eat over there regularly.

I can eat at any of the places there and have eaten at them all - not once but as many times as I want. I average 4 visits to Grills a month

Millikan's is the newer kid ... they bought an older property and rebuilt and adjusted a time or two until they 'fit' the area. For OP, IMO and those I've compared notes with, it is loud inside almost always (bad construction for sound abatement)

of the 4 places regularly mentioned in the port, one has had enuf business to expand to a second location .. and was once a finalist 'sandwich' in a Regis and Kelly viewer vote competition!!

But tastes vary and ALL 4 do PLENTY of business. Grills/Fishlips/Rusty's are laid back, plastic beer cup places and Mil is a step up from that inside anyway.

I wear a Hawaiian shirt, shorts and topsiders to dinner at any of them; if lunching outside a t-shirt suffices and you can get away with that in the evening too. A Haw' is dressed up for me!

Edited by Capt_BJ

We ate at Grills and the food was excellent! It is casual, and like the other poster said, it gets loud, as do all of the places right there. I haven't tried Millikans Reef, but I would make my decision based on Capt BJ's opinion, since they live there, and have tried all of the places.

Thanks! Wherever we decide to go, I'll just tell my DH to bring his earplugs.

Milliken's main dining room is fairly quiet and downstairs at FishLips is much quieter than upstairs.

If your husband needs quiet, try Izzy's. Not in the cove, but a relatively short drive from the hotels in Port Canaveral.