Belize Beach Excursion - Help needed!

the4happys

DW and SIL are looking for the same thing for their May Sunshine cruise. At one time Coral Breeze had a good Caye Caulker/Shark-Ray Alley excursion out of the Wet Lizard. But WL disassociated themselves with CB as over the past couple of years, there have been many issues with that excursion. Can't find a replacement.

Any ideas, anyone?

We went to goffs Caye. They took those who wanted to snorkel out to the reef by boat and the you just swam in. The beach area was very nice. We lived out day there. We used island marketing to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We went to goffs Caye. They took those who wanted to snorkel out to the reef by boat and the you just swam in. The beach area was very nice. We lived out day there. We used island marketing to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DW dk'd the IM idea. :D Food and beverages are extra, meaning someone has to carry a bag and someone has to watch the bag meaning both can't go out together. Additionally, it's "bring your own towel" if you want to lie on the beach. No loungers. I know, picky, picky, but ...:rolleyes:

There are ZERO beaches near the area where the ship docks.

If that is all you see of Belize, you will be VERY disappointed. Get out of the dock area as quickly as you can.

You can fly Tropic Air to Ambergris Caye - you can book a reef snorkel with independent companies who will arrange your air for you. You just need to arrange for a taxi to/from Tropic Air.

We did this in October and had an AMAZING time. We booked a tour via Grump and Happy Tours - they are #1 on tripadvisor for a good reason but they are not inexpensive. There are other tour operators who are less pricey.

You can also just take a ferry to Caye Caulker and go exploring.

Whatever you do....GET OUT of the dock area - nasty, nasty, nasty and you'll never see Belize for the beauty it truly has. It makes me crazy when people complain about what a lousy cruise ship stop this is if they never leave the immediate dock area. Not ever cruise ship dock has instant good times the minute you disembark - you have got to GET OUT THERE :D