Paid single supplement now the cruise is waiving it

Kymnotkim

I got an inside cabin for what i thought was a good rate ($888) for a 8 night cruise. Now i see they are selling inside cabins for single cruisers with no supplement I.e. $479 for the entire inside cabin rate. Since I had already paid in full I called and instead of giving me the over $400 difference they moved me at my request to an aft balcony (whose current price is still less than the rate I paid for the interior). I'd much rather take the refund but i took the aft balcony since they wouldn't offer the difference. Now I'm wondering how i should proceed? Am I making to big of a deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

I got an inside cabin for what i thought was a good rate ($888) for a 8 night cruise. Now i see they are selling inside cabins for single cruisers with no supplement I.e. $479 for the entire inside cabin rate. Since I had already paid in full I called and instead of giving me the over $400 difference they moved me at my request to an aft balcony (whose current price is still less than the rate I paid for the interior). I'd much rather take the refund but i took the aft balcony since they wouldn't offer the difference. Now I'm wondering how i should proceed? Am I making to big of a deal?

1Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

That is the policy with carnival. They won't give you a refund,but will offer you the option to upgrade if there is a price drop after final payment.

I thought that it would be different because it wasn't a rate decrease but more so an issue of charging double instead of single. Oh well. Maybe I can get them to take off the $50 administrative charge for being a single cruiser

If you booked Early Saver you can get price protection up until 2 days before departure. They will only upgrade you past final payment date if you booked under a different rate (i.e. past guest).

I had to pay in full because I bought it in January for a March cruise. Lesson learned.

Disappointing I know. Look at it this way though, you were happy to pay the original price for just an inside and now you have an aft balcony. Had one once and absolutely loved it. Spent a lot of time on it chilling out and mesmerised by the ship's wake.