Help--I'm in a panic!

pamurchu

You know...

You all have made my day. I thought my problem was unique. Now I know that it has happened before with a good ending. Please keep any advice coming. I need to hear this before we leave on Friday. Hopefully, by being at the airport when it opens at 5:00 AM, we will secure a seat for DH! You all are great...and hope to see those of you who are CC on our cruise!

Your flight is oversold. They're probably holding some seats for assignment at the airport. It's really important when you check in that you tell USAir staff that you're going to connect to a cruise ship and that you have to be on that flight. What they'll end up doing is bumping some folks up to first class, asking if anyone would liked to be bumped from the flight completely (for compensation), and filling the seats as best they can. Some folks will probably be involuntarily left on the ground that day.

Same thing happened to me. On-line check-in was useless as it's not allowed if there isn't a seat available. I eventually did get on the flight, we got the last 4 seats, but I had to make a real nuisance of myself and basically refused to sit down/leave the line until they gave me my seats.

Be careful though, there's a fine line between being a nuisance and being obnoxious. If you go overboard and start ranting and raving they may refuse you passage because of your behavior or worse, call security.

Good luck and get to the airport early

The telling the airline that you are going to a cruise won't always work. For my 2nd cruise, our flight was oversold but everybody on our flight was going to a cruise ship. There was nobody else left to bump but cruise passengers (thankfully it wasn't us).

Well thanks a whole lot for the news 3 days before my flight when I cannot do anything about it anyway. This is exactly the kind of news I was looking for from my new Cruise Critic Friends.

The telling the airline that you are going to a cruise won't always work. For my 2nd cruise, our flight was oversold but everybody on our flight was going to a cruise ship. There was nobody else left to bump but cruise passengers (thankfully it wasn't us).

-I bet that made them feel alot better-HAHA!!! give them some encouragement- i think you'll be fine as long as you're early- GOOD LUCK!!!!

Archived