What time did Triumph leave Galveston last night?

Ladysilver

I don't plan on ever sailing from Galveston. However, I hope those that did sail from there and had late arrival due to the fog, did not have flights till evening.

I know the same thing can be true in Tampa. We cruised out of Tampa in January 2012. Had an 11:30 AM flight and had no problems. However, I did not ever even consider that there might be a fog delay.

We were on the Magic 2/2/14-2/9/14 and we had fog delay leaving and coming back into port. On our return to Galveston the ship didn't dock until 4pm and by the time we got off the ship it was 6pm.

We missed our 4:25pm flight and our 7:45pm standby flight. We ended up having to book a hotel room for the night. We were on stand by flights from IAH to MCI most of the day Monday 2/10. By the time we finally pulled into our driveway, it took us 25 hours to get home from the time we got off the ship.

Husband ended up having to use a personal day at work but we didn't mind. This was the first time in 13 cruises we have ever been delayed.

We have done 31 cruises in the last few years and never came in late. Guess we have been lucky! Left outta NOLA at 8 pm one time, but we were on the ship at 11:15 that morning. So our vaca had already started. And not late getting to first port. We do most of our cruises in Jan. and Sept. when it's warm days/cool nights. Just seems like this year the weather is crazy all over the world!! Just luck of the draw. Same with flying.......delays.

Happy cruising,

Kat

Fog delays are fairly common in Galveston in February and early March. The transition from winter to early spring, coupled with the water temperature/air temperature variance can create foggy nightmares. The rest of the year is great.

We even had a fog delay in April once, but we drive to Galveston, so its not a big issue, just an inconvenience for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have sailed out of Galveston twice in February of 2007 and again in 2009. I guess we were lucky, because we had no fog and no delays whatsoever. Hopefully third time will be the same. We plan to go again on the Triumph next February.