Coral Princess Excursion Questions, Ketchikan and Juneau

AnniversaryAl

My wife and I are cruising on the Coral Princess from Alaska to Vancouver in late May. We are thinking about going on the "Wilderness Cruise & Silverking Lodge Seafood Feast" excursion in Ketchikan. Has anyone ever been on this excursion?

For Juneau we are considering the "Glacier Gardens & Mendenhall Glacier" excursion.

This will be our fourth cruise, first time to Alaska for both of us. Celebrating our 25th anniversary.

If anyone has been on either of these and has any reviews you input would be very welcome. Just looking for some reviews.

Thanks...Alan

There are lots of reviews on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31030-d2216512-Reviews-Wilderness_Exploration_Crab_Feed-Ketchikan_Alaska.html#REVIEWS

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31020-d105339-r182040243-Mendenhall_Glacier-Juneau_Alaska.html

Just by searching google with the excursion name and/or tripadvisor brings up pretty much any review you want. I've found there are lots of reviews posted there by cruisers.

Thanks for the reference, I had seen these, but while they are the same places they are not the exact same tours. I was hoping someone who had taken these actual tours with Princess would respond, but these are helpful.

There are lots of reviews on Tripadvisor

• 4 weeks later...

A few yrs back while on a Sapphire AK cruise we stopped in these ports. If you are active ( we were 54 yrs old)and have no problem not having a guide, I would recommend not doing a Princess excursion and make your own plans as they is quite easy to do on your own with some research. Prior to the trip, we made arrangements with Seawind Aviation (a float plane). It was spectacular and one of the highlites of our trip. A fellow passenger afraid of heights was afraid to go but went anyhow and she said it was to date the highlight of her life! In Juneau, we took a shuttle (from the pier) to the Mendenhall Glacier and walked around on our own. There is a nice hike through the rain forest and if it becomes too much of a hike you can always turn around. You can walk out to the lower part of the glacier, too. Which we did after all the tour buses left and we were able to get pictures of the glaciers instead of all the people from the tours. We like doing our own excursions as we can take our own time and do exactly what we want. If you are able to, go this way. Happy Anniversary!

PS If Skagway is one of your ports- pre-rent a car and take a drive- you can go further than the tour buses do. And you will come back with more pictures. Rental cars are easy 5 -10 min walk from dock. We saw lots of bears on our drive.