Post dry dock legend

Thebosn1

Has anyone been on LEGEND since her dry dock? Maybe I missed it but I have not seen anyone post on here about it. I am sailing on her relocation cruise from LA to Sydney I'm looking for any tidbits about her since she finished at the yards.

Based on a couple of reviews I found on another site, they just were no ready to sail at all. I'm sure I'd be very disappointed if most of the upgrades I expected weren't operational yet. And I guess even some of the regular pools weren't open until mid-week.

Too bad, I hope they offer those cruisers some deals or refunds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A quick review...the ship sailed into port around 1:00 am Sunday morning. We arrived at the pier normal time (10:30 ish) and did not board until 3:30. You could see contractors working on the open decks trying to finish up. Once on-baord, we went to our rooms. They were not clean to say the least. No big deal.

Bonsai Sushi was closed most the week. It opened for lunch and dinner the last day of the cruise. The slide never officially opened. The area around the slide was a mess all week. It was unusable. One of the main pools and the whirlpool next to it was down a few days too.

Overall, the ship was filthy. There were broken chairs and tables in the Lido, etc. etc. Not impressive for a ship just out of dry dock.

Long story short, it was not smart to book a ship directly out of dry dock. Wait a few weeks for them to get the bugs worked out.

There sure are a lot of people echoing disappointment after that cruise. What a bummer to be let down like that. I sure hope carnival compensates you somehow.

It's all about the almighty dollar, and they couldn't manage to wait another week, I guess :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app