Solo Sailor On Seabourne?

Baggywrinkle99

Edit: Sorry, I spelled Seabourn in title with an "e". Can't correct it!

I've just booked my first Seabourn cruise - Norwegian fjords on Quest, dep Copenhagen 13 Jul - and will be travelling solo as family/friends are unavailable. Their loss! I'm sure I won't be the only solo on board so can our experts here tell me whether Seabourn takes any steps to make solo, maybe shy, people feel welcome and included? I'm happy to say "hello" to anyone and generally participate (I'm a trivia fiend, book me now!) but sometimes it's hard to break the ice, especially if I'm outgunned by so many couples! Does the maître d place singles on one big table or can I "circulate" without feeling like the third wheel?

I had a rather awkward experience on a previous solo cruise (different company) where my single status (I'm happily married BTW but not joined at the hip) seemed to make some people uncomfortable in social situations. But they were an odd bunch anyway and I've never had a problem before or since.

Edited by Baggywrinkle99

Edit: Sorry, I spelled Seabourn in title with an "e". Can't correct it!

I've just booked my first Seabourn cruise - Norwegian fjords on Quest, dep Copenhagen 13 Jul - and will be travelling solo as family/friends are unavailable. Their loss! I'm sure I won't be the only solo on board so can our experts here tell me whether Seabourn takes any steps to make solo, maybe shy, people feel welcome and included? I'm happy to say "hello" to anyone and generally participate (I'm a trivia fiend, book me now!) but sometimes it's hard to break the ice, especially if I'm outgunned by so many couples! Does the maître d place singles on one big table or can I "circulate" without feeling like the third wheel?

I had a rather awkward experience on a previous solo cruise (different company) where my single status (I'm happily married BTW but not joined at the hip) seemed to make some people uncomfortable in social situations. But they were an odd bunch anyway and I've never had a problem before or since.

As as solo I always (or was it almost always) had an invitation to join a hosted table. Beyond that it was just meeting people at the sky bar or getting in the middle of trivia disputes.

Baggywrinkle: I have sailed mostly solo on Seabourn and have enjoyed each cruise. Have your travel agent request hosted dinners (you will sit each evening at a group table with an officer or senior staff host) or you can do so at reception upon boarding. You will meet 6 - 8 new passengers each evening. Also, as noted, the sky bar is a great place as I find most people on Seabourn very receptive to meeting new people.