last Carnival tender

PaRaDoX3d

You do not "tender" at Cozumel. If you are on Carnival, you will port at Puerto Maya pier, and at that pier there is TONS of shopping, and its a very nice, clean outdoorsy type mall area.

Are you taking a trip to Chankanaab through Carnival excursion? I don't know the price of that if you are, but Cozumel is a VERY easy town to do things on your own. We went to Chankanaab last year, and caught a taxi at the pier for $8 to the park. It was $24pp to get in (or you can get a coupon online at cozumelinsider). Its pay as you go when you get in the park for food, dolphins, etc. Then, you can leave whenever you want to - catch a cab at the entrance, and go back to the pier, or into town to shop, depending on your time schedule.

You just walk off the ship at Cozumel onto the pier, and you are in Carnival's shopping area. There is lots to do there. When we went to Chank, we left as soon as we could get off the boat that morning for the park, and by about 1 we were ready to do something else. We caught a cab back to the pier, went on the ship & cleaned up & changed clothes, then went back out to shop on the pier until time to board.

Cozumel is super easy to do things. I wouldn't suggest a Carnival excursion to Chankanaab. Its too easy to do it by yourself.

Oh - and if ship leaves at 5, I think you have to be back on ship by 4:30 at the latest. And, I would suggest making your way there by 4ish because there is usually long lines getting on the boat at Coz.

Here is a link to the Puerta Maya Pier website. It has a map and shows you what is there. You should have no problem spending a couple of hours there if you want. There are also hammocks in the shade for lounging before you get back on the ship. There's a webcam on this link so you can see a live shot of the ships.

http://www.puertamaya.com/

You do not "tender" at Cozumel. If you are on Carnival, you will port at Puerto Maya pier, and at that pier there is TONS of shopping, and its a very nice, clean outdoorsy type mall area.

Are you taking a trip to Chankanaab through Carnival excursion? I don't know the price of that if you are, but Cozumel is a VERY easy town to do things on your own. We went to Chankanaab last year, and caught a taxi at the pier for $8 to the park. It was $24pp to get in (or you can get a coupon online at cozumelinsider). Its pay as you go when you get in the park for food, dolphins, etc. Then, you can leave whenever you want to - catch a cab at the entrance, and go back to the pier, or into town to shop, depending on your time schedule.

You just walk off the ship at Cozumel onto the pier, and you are in Carnival's shopping area. There is lots to do there. When we went to Chank, we left as soon as we could get off the boat that morning for the park, and by about 1 we were ready to do something else. We caught a cab back to the pier, went on the ship & cleaned up & changed clothes, then went back out to shop on the pier until time to board.

Cozumel is super easy to do things. I wouldn't suggest a Carnival excursion to Chankanaab. Its too easy to do it by yourself.

That might depend.....if there are more than 6 or 7 ships in that day, many times they do tender. I've been there when 4 ships were tendering! It's all going to depend on your ship, where it docks and what they tell you before you disembark. They will let you know onboard before you leave what time you have to be back on the ship. If all aboard is 4:30 (which it probably will be with a 5 pm departure), I agree with 2Okies that you should be heading back toward the ship by 4 pm. You don't want to be a pier runner! Nice thing is, there's a bar right at the "base" of the pier so you could hang out there until last minute enjoying the end of your day before you head back onboard. We usually get as close to the ship as possible and hang there for the last half hour.

That might depend.....if there are more than 6 or 7 ships in that day, many times they do tender. I've been there when 4 ships were tendering! It's all going to depend on your ship, where it docks and what they tell you before you disembark. They will let you know onboard before you leave what time you have to be back on the ship. If all aboard is 4:30 (which it probably will be with a 5 pm departure), I agree with 2Okies that you should be heading back toward the ship by 4 pm. You don't want to be a pier runner! Nice thing is, there's a bar right at the "base" of the pier so you could hang out there until last minute enjoying the end of your day before you head back onboard. We usually get as close to the ship as possible and hang there for the last half hour.

I wasn't aware that ships had to tender at Coz sometimes, so thank you for that input, mrsfuzzmo. I saw where the OP mentioned a Carnival excursion, so I assumed they would just port at Puerto Maya. I guess that isn't always the case. Every time we have been there, we have ported.

But, your advice to just pay attention to what your ship tells you about boarding, tenders, etc. is the best advice. I know Carnival will have the papers in your room every night that tell you port times, and when you need to be back on the ship. Pay attention to those times! That is what you need to go by!

Squirrel moment...2Okies I see you're from South Central OK...where at? I grew up in Rosedale, went to school in Wayne, "going to town" was Purcell & "the mall" was Norman.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Duncan. We go to Lawton, Norman or OKC to go "mall" shopping. Duncan only has a Walmart! :)

I lived in Duncan from 95-97. I still have family there. I worked at the Heilig-Meyers furniture store when it was across from the Holiday Inn. My now ex husband used to work at Valco, north of town out by Lake Humphreys. Small world

Edited by ReAnne Forcer

I lived in Duncan from 95-97. I still have family there. I worked at the Heilig-Meyers furniture store when it was across from the Holiday Inn. My now ex husband used to work at Valco, north of town out by Lake Humphreys. Small world

Haha! Sure is! We have lived here since 79. Grew up in Lawton. I work for an oil company and my hubby is a contractor. Oh, and he is also a City Councilman. :)

Edited by 2Okies