Extra overhang above balconies -Forward Deck 6 on Reflection/S-class?

1313steve

We're booked in 6119 on an upcoming Reflections cruise. It looks like that cabin along with the other most forward cabins along the side of deck 6 all have an extra overhang, compared with the rest of the ship. Does anybody know why and does that change the size of the balcony?

I'm guessing it's just to compensate for the narrowing width of the ship that far forward, but I'd be curious to know if anybody has any other thoughts.

I haven't been on Reflection, but on Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette the cabins on Deck 6 forward up to 6121 portside and 6120 starboard extend further out than the rest of the 2Bs further back. This is the forward hump. Cabins 6121 and 6120 specifically are great cabins because all the rest of the cabins behind them step back in and so your balcony has an even greater view.

I haven't been on Reflection, but on Equinox, Eclipse and Silhouette the cabins on Deck 6 forward up to 6121 portside and 6120 starboard extend further out than the rest of the 2Bs further back. This is the forward hump. Cabins 6121 and 6120 specifically are great cabins because all the rest of the cabins behind them step back in and so your balcony has an even greater view.

Thanks for the info! Does this mean the balconies on this forward hump are larger (deeper) than a standard "non-hump" balcony?