Rest of 2014 Dry-Docks: What do you think the ships will get?

thecruiserofships

The following ships currently have a dry-dock scheduled for this year (in no particular order):

Carnival Freedom, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, and the Carnival Pride

If you want to see the current scheduled dates available you can check out the schedule I made:

http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-drydock-schedule.html

I hope you enjoy the information that I compiled and please remember that this is always subject to change. I am not perfect, but I will do my best to keep everybody updated with the known facts. If you are considering booking because you see a dry-dock & hope to have an updated ship you should always be weary and understand that the dates could shift.

What do you think will happen to each of these ships?

What do you want to see put onboard?

I agree a thousand percent, I was on the Elation a couple of months ago and every time I walked by the small pool on the back of the ship there was never anyone in it, its just a waste of space so putting the waterworks in its place makes perfect sense. Have you noticed that none of the fantasy class ships have any of the 2.0 bars or eateries, why is that? there is definitely room to do it, just convert the generic burger/hot dog stand to guys, and convert some of the generic bars to red frog/blue iguana. Maybe carnival is done upgrading their fantasy class

I would like to see the Elation get the WaterWorks, Resort Style Pool, Guy's Burger Joint, and Blue Iguana Cantina. I do NOT want to see Playlist Productions put in.

The cruiserofships,

Agreed. Especially Guys Burger Joint; it should be on ALL of the ships! :cool:

I agree a thousand percent, I was on the Elation a couple of months ago and every time I walked by the small pool on the back of the ship there was never anyone in it, its just a waste of space so putting the waterworks in its place makes perfect sense. Have you noticed that none of the fantasy class ships have any of the 2.0 bars or eateries, why is that? there is definitely room to do it, just convert the generic burger/hot dog stand to guys, and convert some of the generic bars to red frog/blue iguana. Maybe carnival is done upgrading their fantasy class

Agree!

I forgot about the outdated staterooms. Yes, these do a lot of work done!

It makes sense dosent it. Then again i think maybe they don't want to spend that much money on the elation and paradise. They may be the first out in 2016 when they start to get rid of the older tonnage. Just like the holiday class, the holiday was the last to go but was the oldest in the class. Still i hold out hope that they will be revamped.

It makes sense dosent it. Then again i think maybe they don't want to spend that much money on the elation and paradise. They may be the first out in 2016 when they start to get rid of the older tonnage. Just like the holiday class, the holiday was the last to go but was the oldest in the class. Still i hold out hope that they will be revamped.

I would think the Fantasy or Ecstasy would be first. I will be very sad when the time for the Ecstasy's getting sold date comes.

I first sailed on the Ecstasy in 2007 out of Galveston. I went on her many times and because of the Ecstasy I love cruising today.

I would think the Fantasy or Ecstasy would be first. I will be very sad when the time for the Ecstasy's getting sold date comes.

I first sailed on the Ecstasy in 2007 out of Galveston. I went on her many times and because of the Ecstasy I love cruising today.

I feel the same way. I love the fantasy class. The fantasy is my favorite and the elation was my first.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I feel the same way. I love the fantasy class. The fantasy is my favorite and the elation was my first.

I've also been on the Elation and really love my cruise on her too!

I believe (this is my personal opinion) that the Fantasy class got Carnival to where it is today. The Fantasy class makes up 8 ships in the Carnival fleet, which is about 1/3 of the entire fleet. The Fantasy class ships were really popular in the 90's, but still as popular today.

I've also been on the Elation and really love my cruise on her too!

I believe (this is my personal opinion) that the Fantasy class got Carnival to where it is today. The Fantasy class makes up 8 ships in the Carnival fleet, which is about 1/3 of the entire fleet. The Fantasy class ships were really popular in the 90's, but still as popular today.

I agree! I would rather be on the fantasy class as any other. I like the others but prefer the fantasy class.

I agree! I would rather be on the fantasy class as any other. I like the others but prefer the fantasy class.

We turned this into a Fantasy Class Fan Club Thread! :) :)

I hope Carnival treats the Fantasy class well in dry-dock (especially Elation and Paradise)!

We turned this into a Fantasy Class Fan Club Thread! :) :)

I hope Carnival treats the Fantasy class well in dry-dock (especially Elation and Paradise)!

When the other Fantasy class were getting EOF and stick on balconies, Elation and Paradise specifically, pretty much got overlooked.

I have only been on fantasy class so I have nothing to compare it to but just from reading these boards there are a lot of people that seem to prefer the fantasy class over the bigger ships despite them not having all the bells and whistles that the big ships have

I have only been on fantasy class so I have nothing to compare it to but just from reading these boards there are a lot of people that seem to prefer the fantasy class over the bigger ships despite them not having all the bells and whistles that the big ships have

I love the Fantasy class ships a lot although they don't have the "modern" stuff that the new big ones have. Layout wise, the Fantasy Class and Spirit Class are easy to get around. I don't know much about the Dream Class, but I do know that the Conquest/Triumph Class has any awful layout.

I love the Fantasy class ships a lot although they don't have the "modern" stuff that the new big ones have. Layout wise, the Fantasy Class and Spirit Class are easy to get around. I don't know much about the Dream Class, but I do know that the Conquest/Triumph Class has any awful layout.

Dream class is not a good layout either IMO.

When the other Fantasy class were getting EOF and stick on balconies, Elation and Paradise specifically, pretty much got overlooked.

Does that mean that there is a possibility Elation will get balconies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does that mean that there is a possibility Elation will get balconies?

At this point I doubt it. Like EZ4 said the program that included that (Evolutions of Fun) is over. Elation and Paradise got overlooked and it probably stay that way. Carnival has moved on to FunShip 2.0, although I don't know if the Elation is getting 2.0 or not.

Edited by thecruiserofships

At this point I doubt it. Like EZ4 said the program that included that (Evolutions of Fun) is over. Elation and Paradise got overlooked and it probably stay that way. Carnival has moved on to FunShip 2.0, although I don't know if the Elation is getting 2.0 or not.

Well darn I was hoping that maybe it would. I believe that Elation is getting 2.0 additions I don't know what though